Could I please get a link or well... get a p[osting of a clearcut guide towards a Ranged rogue? What talents to pick, what weapons to use? I am fixed on a gun build, either a Pistol or the Arquebus.

The only thing I noticed, is that the Russian spec allows me to focus in Sabers as well as a pistol, that would be flavorful as I am RPing a Cossack type character ( something similar to my Avatar), but if the Arquebus is severaly better than a Pistol, More than willing to go for that.

Under most circumstances an arquebus would probably be better than a pistol, but there's a unique pistol with Rending and Annihilation you can buy in Twin Elms, and you can get good pistols faster than you can get good arquebuses in the early game, so I'd say run with the saber/pistol combination. You'll want Weapon Focus, Marksman, and Gunner, beyond that you can season to taste.

• Like 1

Island Aumua, Max Dex/Mig

1.  Crippling

2.  Quick Switch

3.  Blinding Strike or Dirty Fighting

4.  Weapon Focus:  Ruffian or Soldier

5.  Finishing Blow

6.  Marksman

7.  Blinding Strike or Dirty Fighting

8.  Penetrating Shot (depends if what weapons you got).

9.  Deep wounds

10.  Arms bearer

11.  meh

12.  meh, prolly Gunner.

For the gunner or arbalest version with quick switching.   Having 3 per encounters helps out to enable their own sneak attacks.  Mainly, you fire once at the beginning of combat, switch to the next weapon, use an encounter, and so forth, ending up on the last weapon as a crossbow, pistol, or warbow (these 3 ranged weapons seem to be more or less well rounded to me).  Talents are switchable, but sometimes finding enough X guns or ranged weapons you wanna swap to was problematic for Arms bearer.

Otherwise.

Wood elf + whatever weapon you like is also good.  I'd prolly use a crossbow, anyway this is much less micro than the above which I like.

Add in envenomed + Blunderbuss is a good opener for hard targets due to the 6x chances to land the raw damage from what I read, but I ended up just using a crossbow on this build to keep it as one less character that needed to be tabbed too.

Either way, Lore is also great since they have high accuracy for the scroll usage.

Edited by MoxyWoo
  • Like 1

Moxywoo's got a great idea going on there. If you had in mind more of a build that takes a couple of pistol shots and then closes to use the saber, then instead of doubling up on strikes you could grab Reckless Assault. What difficulty do you plan on playing on?

• Like 1

Dual Stilettos are great and there is a nice lifeleeching stiletto in Act 2, so Ruffian works well for an aspiring ranged/melee mixer.

Small edit, scrolls being abilities don't matter with accuracy (as they are all 30+3/lvl for base accuracy).  So only paladins with zealous focus and rangers with vicious aim get some real craziness for scroll use.  That said, rogues do need something else to do and a ranged one has high dex/light armor so are awesome for it versus the paladin.

Well I sorta started up a charactern Already, Hard Mode.

Human 14 Might 3 Con 19 Dex 16 Per 10 int 16 Res, I know Per and Res are useless in combat for thsi set up, but I wanna use it for dialogue options. I dump statted con since I plan to stay well away from the fight.