If cats make you happy you probably have a parasite in your brains!(srs)

barakav

You should all be aware that there is a parasite that infects around 33%-50% of the world's populations' brains and is called toxoplasma gondii.

This parasite mainly lives inside a cat intestines but during its' life cycle it leaves the cat through its' feces and then usually finds its' way into mice where it creates colonies in their brains. Then it changes the mouses' personality and makes it ignore the dangers of predators and also make it heavily attracted to cats and their smell.

So the mice is getting himself eaten by a cat and the parasites finds a new host.

Surprisingly this parasite can infect other mammals as well including cows and humans ,so when you are eating a rare steak there is a good chance that you'll get this thing into your system. And if it bypass the immune system and infects your brains you will get the same personality changes that are applied to mice including getting attracted to cats.

This is the reason why the Internet is full of individuals who post cat pictures ,as half of the worlds' population is infected. Furthermore ,it was hypothesized that this parasites' influence is getting stronger with age as our immune system is getting weaker and can't fight it ,so a scientific paper proposed that this is the explanation to "the old lady that feeds tons of cats" phenomena .(The myths of the witches of the middle ages were based on this phenomena)

So if you think that Josh Sawyer is crazy ,you are probably correct...

Edited by barakav
  • Like 1

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

I hate cats. Go me!

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So if you think that Josh Sawyer is crazy ,you are probably correct...

I totally expected this when reading the post. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The question is whether the parasite can be genetically re-engineered to make people like me.

We should totally fund such research.

It will be usefull for my Global Domination plans.

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

The question is whether the parasite can be genetically re-engineered to make people like me.

We should totally fund such research.

It will be usefull for my Global Domination plans.

Yours?  You forget your place, minion.  Get back to work!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

As an aside, toxoplasma gondii can cause toxoplasmosis which can kill those with compromised immune systems and babies.  Pregnant women should limit their contact with cat's fecal matter to avoid inadvertantly infecting their babies.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I like rats, and rodents in general.  Is there a parasite associated with that?

bigstock_Rat_2939702-300x200.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Helminths (tapeworms, roundworms, etc) can infect rodents.

Plasmodium berghei has thicket rats from africa in its life cycle.

The cat parasite mentioned above toxoplasma gondii can infect rats and make them lose their fear of predators.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Don't they also carry a little thing known as the BUBONIC PLAGUE?

Because that's still rampant these days.  Besides, what's chancing a little Black Death to have a cuddly rodent to care for and love?  :wub:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Because that's still rampant these days.  Besides, what's chancing a little Black Death to have a cuddly rodent to care for and love?  :wub:

http://www.ibtimes.com/bubonic-plague-us-disease-still-present-colorado-madagascar-1729792

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I'm aware the bubonic plague still exists, but it's kept in check and, for the most part, of little concern in 1st world countries.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Rodents are probably the #1 animal vector of disease and death in humans. They transmit far more nastiness than just the bubonic plague. In fact, only mosquitoes possibly beat them as a vector in terms of number of people killed. Though if you factor in other ways that rodents can hurt humans, such as eating and destroying vast quantities of food which leads to starvation and other diseases, rodents probably surpass mosquitoes to take the #1 killer of humans spot.

As much as The Secret of N.I.M.H is a favorite movie of mine, the real world realities of mice and rats are far uglier than portrayed in that Don Bluth gem.

People who 'love' anything or anyone based largely or primarily on how cuddly or cute factors, are crazy, ignorant, and/or just plain unintelligent to say the least.

Edited by Valsuelm

Yes but plagues are a bacteria causing illness, not a parasite so not within the scope of the question asked.

By comparison Pasmodium berghei and toxoplasma gondii are both parastic protozoans

:)

• Like 1

Rodents are probably the #1 animal vector of disease and death in humans. They transmit far more nastiness than just the bubonic plague. In fact, only mosquitoes possibly beat them as a vector in terms of number of people killed. Though if you factor in other ways that rodents can hurt humans, such as eating and destroying vast quantities of food which leads to starvation and other diseases, rodents probably surpass mosquitoes to take the #1 killer of humans spot.

On the other hand, if it wasn't for rodents, humans would never have existed in the first place.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸