Okay, so I know that we get up to six talents. 

Level 1

Level 3

Level 5

Level 7

Level 9

Level 11

Which, in my opinion, is great with the types of talents there are to choose from. It makes sure that no one PM (party member) is overpowered, and makes you think long and hard about specializations. If you are going for a straight bruiser, you would go straight down the Weapon Set tree. Snipers would want to go straight down the Marksman tree, picking up Gunner and Interrupting Blows. Deep Wounds, too.

But what else about leveling am I missing? When do they offer new abilities? New spells? Is there a site that has all this information, because I've been searching? 

If there's one page that collects all this information, I haven't seen it, but in a nutshell:

Every level gives you Endurance/Health (amount dependent on class), +3 to Accuracy and all Defenses, and 6 skill points. If it's a spellcasting class, it also gets additional spells per day and in the case of Wizards can pick one or two more spells to add to the grimoire. Pseudocasters like Chanters and Ciphers likewise get new chants/invocations and powers, respectively, at each level.

On odd numbered levels (1, 3, 5, etc.) you get a class-specific ability. Spellcasters/Pseudocasters also get access to a new level of spells.

On even numbered levels (2, 4, 6, etc.) you get a Talent.

• Like 1

I'm going to experiment with leaving out the INT, even though it goes against every grain for me as a player. I could always go for chanter.

How does this look for a fighter PC build:

M: 16

C: 11

D: 11

P: 14

I: 11

R: 15

^ Tank, damage dealer, a bit of both? 
If tank, you can do away with some MIG and DEX in favour of CON, PER and RES to boost your defences even further.
If damage, then RES and PER aren't all that necessary and you can use them to pump more might, som CON and (depending on you armour outfit) DEX.
As for the att. spread itself - it looks fine to me (a bit of both). I'd give it more CON though - the fighter's thing is getting engaged by many enemies at the same time and regenerating during combat, so a little more heath/endurance could go a long way.

Nothing gold can stay.

Hmm, since I don't min/max myself, I won't go for anything extreme, but how about:

M:16
C:14
D:10

P:13
I:10
R:15

There's some equipment and resting bonuses to boost PER, and you may still get more depending on your background.

EDIT: Note, however, that equipment suppresses eachother, so if you have a helm and an amulet both giving you +1 per, you only get +1, so you might as well give one of the items to your companions. 

Edited by Gorbag
  • Like 1

Nothing gold can stay.

For better damage dealing (well, better accuracy to be precise, but you can't have one without the other), you might want to follow a weapon progression path (focus, specialization, etc.) and get Confident aim (transforming some grazes into hits) and Armoured grace (alleviates armour penalties to speed) and for durability there are some nice defensive abilities like defender (imagine D&D Expertise), critical defence (what it says), etc.

EDIT: Yeah, good. Might want to give one of the bunnies some INT at all. Knockdown is pretty rad and INT increases its duration

Edited by Gorbag
  • Like 1

Nothing gold can stay.