Most fun char for solo?

Which would be the most fun char for a solo run?

I want to give it a go BUT not with the same chars I already played. I already had a PC paladin and this time a PC Cipher. Also a custom fire Godlike Barb. So those are out, even if the Cipher and Barb could arguably be the most fun solo.

Possible options:

Melee rogue

Moon Godlike Monk

Shape shifting Druid

Spell sword / Melee Wizard

Any others?

Capture.jpg

Melee wizard can be fun, since they have high might scores anyway. buff yourself with Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff + Deleterious Alacrity of Motion + Citzal's Martial Power and start whacking away :)

For some increased safety, start off tanged by replacing casting Kalakoth's Minor Blights + Alacricity + Citzal's, then cast concelhauts once your blights run out and move in for the kill.

xosmi.gif

Depends on what's 'fun' to you, I guess. To me, 'doing stuff' is fun. So I rather enjoy classes which offer a lot of different active abilities in a fight, but don't require the hassle of constant resting: so basically Cipher and Monk. The rest either requires too much preparation outside of combat (the casters) or has too little stuff to do during the fight (the brawlers)

• Like 1

Depends on what's 'fun' to you, I guess. To me, 'doing stuff' is fun. So I rather enjoy classes which offer a lot of different active abilities in a fight, but don't require the hassle of constant resting: so basically Cipher and Monk. The rest either requires too much preparation outside of combat (the casters) or has too little stuff to do during the fight (the brawlers)

Yeah, fun is having stuff to do, not dying all the time, not having to run away and not having to constantly rest.

Capture.jpg

petrivanzyl: If you make a Cipher with a high CON, you won't need to rest very often at all. As soon as you learn how to use all of its cool and weird abilities (and use a reliable way of replenish that important focus), you're basically free to do almost whatever you want. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

As I said, I'm already busy with a Cipher. Constant resting I was referring to was not due to health/fatigue but to regain abilities

But cipher abilities can be used indefinately, as long as you have focus ? you don't need to rest to regain focus (though it works to refill it in one go) basic attacking works just fine, for every hit Soul Whip should be refilling your foxus..

xosmi.gif

Highly recommend the melee wizard, but keep in mind that going the melee route doesn't diminish their CC or Dmg abilities.

• Buff spells have NO RECOVERY time and cast quickly.
  • You're still a wizard Harry! So CC, dmg, etc is all there.
  • Essential Phantom rocks for spellbind item usage.  (worn only, but rot finger glove usage is so handy... pun intended).
  • More tactical options with impact, while much of the solo play boiled down to figurines or similar summon usage, it is nice to have options.
  • Cipher is prolly stronger up to level 4, but the gap closes at 5, and then gets demolished at 9+.  So gives a much more satisfying feel.
  • Like 3