Moon godlike monk is strong! Great synergy!

I have to say- I think Fire goldlike synergyze best with Barbarian.

But now I have to say- moon godlike synergyze awesome with monk. Solo PotD.

3 Free heals, +1 DEX and +1 INT are also nice, although I keep my INT on 10. I had NO PROBLEMS beating bears in cave at level 3 with Torment Reach spam (since I got perma Wound from this bastard!) and now I am breezing through Eothas temple, I just killed Skuldor King and his boys just by Force of Anguish on him -> Torment Reach spam to AOE mobs in first try.

Also it helps a lot that Monk has hight accuracy, deflection and endurance.

Hmmm....Although I now play only for fun in solo PotD I might give it a go after it in TC.

I am really liking this combo. I generate a lot of Wounds thanks to moon godlike free heals.

Very good synergy intead :)

I recommend :)

Well, they`re not all equally ugly, unless of course you ahve an aversion to strange colors and headforms that extends to evarything in that area.

They just kill the mood of some Builds (Moon Godlike for example look laugheable as anything trying to look intimidating^^).

@for the OP: My one Monk Try that I did not instantly abandon was that Combo as well. ^^

Well, they`re not all equally ugly, unless of course you ahve an aversion to strange colors and headforms that extends to evarything in that area.

They just kill the mood of some Builds (Moon Godlike for example look laugheable as anything trying to look intimidating^^).

@for the OP: My one Monk Try that I did not instantly abandon was that Combo as well. ^^

For whatever reason, I had much less of a problem with Aasimar and Tieflings in IWD2 than I do with Godlikes in PoE.  The Godlikes (which starts off with too much of a hokey name for my taste) go too far over some imaginary line for my taste.  How can a Fire godlike sleep without setting the pillow and bed on fire, for example?  They're too strange, particularly in terms of their looks.

If their outward appearances weren't so bizarre, I could probably find them more playable.  Of all the godlikes, Pallegine's avian godlike is by far the least objectionable looking.

I personally wish that the devs would tone down their bizarre looks.  For example, a fire godlike could simply have a rather reddish appearance, with eyes that appeared to be aflame, and body temps that were quite higher than normal for humans.  And moon GL's could have that rather blueish white tint to their skins with eyes that seemed to glow a a pale white like the moon.  Death GL's might have a rather distinctive grayish pallor to their skin with eyes of the purest black.  (Perhaps sort of an undead appearance, I suppose.)    And for a Nature GL, perhaps brown and green tones.  A greenish skin with very green eyes, perhaps.  And a brown hair, the color of some type of wood. 

But I realize that tastes vary.

• Like 1

Humans are better. Accuracy and Damage boost when below 50% ? What's not to like ???

Being below 50%? :p

My Moon Monk is sometimes on 50%....and then he is healthy again... Magic! :0

• Like 1

Fire only works well with bugged OSA, because it adds flat 20 Dmg if it was 20% the damage would suck ass. On a paladin fire below 50 the damge to the enemies is sometimes below 1...

Moon is by far the strongest the heal in itself is great but it is also AoE...

Yeah, love the Moon Monk.

I know people love the DR and Retaliation of the Fire, but for a monk who has more practical optimization of needing to be healed or endurance coming back via wounds system they rock.  Additionally, I thought the Moon aura heal was huge enough without much INT on a monk regardless, though it can't be dumped else Rooting pain hits no one.

Also, love the combo synergy of using a fast cast nuke spell on your monk to get heals for the entire party AND damage with a wizard. (or other ally hitting spell)

Edited by MoxyWoo

Fire only works well with bugged OSA, because it adds flat 20 Dmg if it was 20% the damage would suck ass. On a paladin fire below 50 the damge to the enemies is sometimes below 1...

Moon is by far the strongest the heal in itself is great but it is also AoE...

No it does not .. Bugged OSA adds 20*(1 + mightmod) .. 

WPNTVf7.jpg

i really like the human racial for barbarians because they drop hp pretty fast when frenzy is poppped and go below 50%. They just need to use savage defense to get back to full hp and have +7 accuracy and 1.15 damage modifiers.

However monks dont have an amazing self heal so they have to rely on moon godlike's racial to survive (maybe with a draining weapon it can work). I do love the monk and they do destroy most enemies super fast with torment spam. However they do run into issues with enemies with super high dr since they are lacking damage modifiers.

Humans are better. Accuracy and Damage boost when below 50% ? What's not to like ???

Being below 50%? :p

My Moon Monk is sometimes on 50%....and then he is healthy again... Magic! :0

I think the thread should be called: "Moon godlike monk kills slowly."

Lol, like 20% more damage will make big difference in spaming Torment's Reach. I prefer to take additional 100-150 Endurace for free and few time more wounds for more CC/Torment's Reach that meaningless 20% damage bonus while being at 50%, which in fights against perma CC enemies means fast and painful death :).

Moon like racial is just always good it is like having 100-150 more Enduracne. If not for Fortitude rolls I would dump CON everytime I take Moon like since I will have more Endurace than any other race with 18 CON either way.

But since on solo PotD defensive rolls are everything- CON must be high...

Human actually works great on a monk when in a party, just drop a pain tolerance on them when they reach 50% and watch them destroy everything.  Using the "shod in faith" boots works pretty great too.  I can see moonlike being pretty amazing for monk, never played one though because I don't like how they look.