Enemies shoot through walls

Askii

Question

Archer enemy (Skaen Temple Sentry) shoots my rogue through a solid wall.

How to reproduce:

- Load the save game

- Activate stealth

- Send the the party (except the main character "Anoren") into the door south of them, and attack the cultist in the middle of the room as soon as they get spotted. Don't move the main character.

- Skaen Temple Sentry will shoot (and usually kill) the main character, even though there's clearly no line of sight.

It doesn't always happen immediately, sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds. If you watch carefully, you can actually see the arrow fly through the wall (so there is no second sentry sneaking up from behind or something - it really is the sentry in the corner).

On a side note:

I had substantial difficulty uploading the files necessary to give you a detailed description. Would have liked to upload a screenshot to make things clearer, as well as the output log you requested in the "How to report an issue"-Sticky, but file size restrictions did not allow it (just ~20KB left after uploading the savegame).

5dfd48c9-54c7-42a9-9207-b80a67f506b9 quicksave.zip

6 answers to this question

I've had this happen too, about 2-3 times.   

In the same zone even.   

Party in 1 room, enemies in the other one, tank moves through door to pull and back into my room to bottleneck them and somehow someone hit my mage before any of the enemies even get close to the door. It only happens once per fight, as if at the very start of the fight they don't see the wall, but then later have to look for a new target.

OP—your repro steps speak of Skaen priests but your attached saved game puts you in the Black Hound Inn. Guess you meant to attach a different save?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Must have uploaded a file for the wrong character accidentally, sry.

However, the actual save needs 2.3MB of space, and the site only lets me upload 500KB ...

Here's a screenshot, if that helps.

post-152995-0-54803100-1430469430_thumb.jpg

Askii, you can use dropbox to upload your saved game and link it here :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus