Two Sly Cyrdels?

Anyone know why there are 2 Sly Cyrdels (with associated parties)?  This is a little confusing.  You get the bounty mission and go to the right map.  And if you kill the version in the middle of the map, it's not really the one you're looking for ... which I suspect gets people to thinking that there's a bug.  After all, you killed a bad guy named Sly Cyrdel, so where's the head you need to collect the bounty ... not realizing that there's a second Sly Cyrdel out there ... the real one (or he'd better be).

So, where are there two versions of Sly?  Just curious.

But the thing is that the two Sly's and his parties are very different.  One Sly appears to be human and wears plate and seems to either be a fighter, while the other Sly is some other race and is definitely wearing something other than plate, and is some sort of spellcaster, I think.  (Chanter?) 

Very odd.

The "real" Sly is the human in plate.  The "fake" Sly is the other one.

Are you sure the guy in the middle was Sly Cyrdel? There's another party hanging out at the Statue Magran after taking out Raedric, I forgot his name (something the wayfarer).

Dada, yeah, I'm quite sure that the guy in the middle was at least named Sly Cyrdel.  That's what the name plate says.  For what it's worth, I didn't kill Raedric, so he's still hanging around back at his castle.

"Sly Cyrdel" is in the SW section of the Magran's Fork map. There is a dude and his party in the middle of the map who's name is "Gramrfel the Wayfarer". who I thought was Syl Cyrdel, but he's not. I think he's generated once you get a dungeon in your stronghold because when you defeat him you get the choice of whether to take him prisoner or not. When you defeat Syl Cyrdel, you get to collect his head for the bounty.

"Sly Cyrdel" is in the SW section of the Magran's Fork map. There is a dude and his party in the middle of the map who's name is "Gramrfel the Wayfarer". who I thought was Syl Cyrdel, but he's not. I think he's generated once you get a dungeon in your stronghold because when you defeat him you get the choice of whether to take him prisoner or not. When you defeat Syl Cyrdel, you get to collect his head for the bounty.

I'm sorry.  This is my bad.  For some reason I can't explain, I thought that Gramfel was Sly.  I guess that I wasn't expecting 2 such relatively similar encounters on the same map,

Ooops.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry.  This is my bad.  For some reason I can't explain, I thought that Gramfel was Sly.  I guess that I wasn't expecting 2 such relatively similar encounters on the same map,

I did exactly the same thing.  I get a bounty, go to where it says to go, and sure enough there's a group of bandits.  Conversation ensues before and after the fight.  This was the first bounty so I sort of assumed that's how it went.  I was sort of annoyed that imprisoning him didn't finish the bounty.  Later I released him thinking he might come back after me for revenge later, but no luck.  I even went back to Magran's Fork and searched around, but I missed seeing anyone else, but I didn't to a full search. So then I read this thread and go to check a second time, and voila, a "second" Sly Cyrdel.  Then I load up an old save game and sure enough, it was Gramrfel I had in prison...

So it's a reasonable mistake to make.