Cannot discover hidden switch (possible spoiler)

I am currently lvl 8 and clearing out Od Nua Level 9. I'm at the point where I'm supposed to find a hidden wall switch in Search Mode, but I have walked past the damn thing a dozen times and none of my party can discover it.

Do I need a minimum Perception score to make this discovery? Walk back and forth past the switch until it glows purple? Sacrifice one of my party to Skaen? I'm lost.

Mechanics is what reveals hidden thingies. I don't know what level it needs to be to see things on that dungeon level ... but I'd suspect fairly high - 7 at least, maybe more is my guess.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I did all the levels of the Endless Paths with mechanics at 8 and had no trouble finding things.  Some of the traps in the game require either a very high level to disarm or cannot be disarmed as they don't show up as red (the chest in the two-story job, one of the sarcophagi for example).  Always save before trying to open chests and sarcophagi as they may not show as trapped.