It has now been almost a month since the game released and my boxed copy hasn't even shipped yet.

I purchased the Kickstarter Hero Edition in August which comes with a boxed copy of the game. The game was released a month ago now and it still just says shipping soon on the products page. Has Obsidian or Paradox said anything about when these copies are going to ship?

The people with Collector's editions already got theirs, but since the standard box contains only the DVD, the decided to hold off on shipping it until it has been patched. On the bright side, they've given any Kickstarter backer who was counting on having two editions (one physical and one digital) an extra downloadable Hero edition. If that doesn't show up as part of your rewards, contact support and they'll fix it. Mine wasn't there, but they added it in around half an hour after being emailed.

Yep. There was a poll before for what people wanted - ship later with patched version, or ship early then require patching. People voted the former. (Obviously you couldn't do it half and half, logistical nightmare.)