Sign in to follow this  
Ineth

modern-day progressive 'liberals'

I was bored, so I made a fictional interview with answers cropped from screenshots of Pillars of Eternity dialog with Edér, since - even when ripped out of context - he's got a way of hitting the nail on the head :p:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Edér, do you have a moment?

mgtgasJ.png

Would you mind answering a few questions?

mBNV1Nd.png

You've been nominated for the "Hero of Dyrwood 2015" public choice award, but the readers of our news site are hesitant to vote for you due to some of your tweets. They want to know: What, exactly, do you have against left-wing progressives?

hFBUucX.png

But if a group rallies under the name 'progressive' and even 'Social Justice', does that not indicate that they're the good guys? That they're selflessly thinking about the less advantaged?

uCu2z9L.png

Sure, there might have been some self-enrichment and collateral damage along the way. But considering the paramount importance of the great struggle for social progress, can't you excuse a few temporary side-effects like progressive decision-makers having to subvert the constitution or curtail some civil rights a little?

7X3CzUX.png

So maybe the current progressive leaders and politicians are not perfect. But instead of giving up on the idea of effecting social change through expanded centralized power, couldn't we just make sure that this power will be wielded by good, pure-minded progressives whose noble convictions will deter them from abusing it?

E9q60jl.png

Well I, for one, am a supporter of equal rights for all - regardless of race or gender!!

6rIZTaw.png

Oh really? Then what do you think of feminism, and the three waves of progress it has brought?

WOD61CS.png

Clearly, you are a hopeless regressive sh*tlord.

ojJTSbq.png

• Like 7

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

That was actually pretty clever, despite a little aftertaste of strawman. Thumbs up!

The sky had never seemed so sky, the world had never seemed so world.

[Clever 5] Well done.

"Take your child murderin' god and shove his him up his own ass."-Volorun

"...the vote of a black redhead disabled homosexual transsexual Jew should probably be worth the same as at least a hundred white heterosexual Christians."-Rostere

"i can think of many women i would gladly sleep with, but not a single one that i would want as a girlfriend/wife... neither real nor fictional."-teknoman2

"I'm all for killing dogs in film." - algroth

"Iselmyr is the one who did GOMAD... Aloth is lactose intolerant" -ShadySands

That was great!

"I care nothing for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it"

Abraham Lincoln

Haha...Eder.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As a fellow sh*tlord-kin I find this amusing.

For Firedorn all the Lads grieve

This Adam woke up next to Eve.

But beneath leaves of Fig,

He found Berries and Twig,

So Himself off a cliff he did heave.