modern-day progressive 'liberals'

Ineth

I was bored, so I made a fictional interview with answers cropped from screenshots of Pillars of Eternity dialog with Edér, since - even when ripped out of context - he's got a way of hitting the nail on the head :p:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Edér, do you have a moment?

mgtgasJ.png

Would you mind answering a few questions?

mBNV1Nd.png

You've been nominated for the "Hero of Dyrwood 2015" public choice award, but the readers of our news site are hesitant to vote for you due to some of your tweets. They want to know: What, exactly, do you have against left-wing progressives?

hFBUucX.png

But if a group rallies under the name 'progressive' and even 'Social Justice', does that not indicate that they're the good guys? That they're selflessly thinking about the less advantaged?

uCu2z9L.png

Sure, there might have been some self-enrichment and collateral damage along the way. But considering the paramount importance of the great struggle for social progress, can't you excuse a few temporary side-effects like progressive decision-makers having to subvert the constitution or curtail some civil rights a little?

7X3CzUX.png

So maybe the current progressive leaders and politicians are not perfect. But instead of giving up on the idea of effecting social change through expanded centralized power, couldn't we just make sure that this power will be wielded by good, pure-minded progressives whose noble convictions will deter them from abusing it?

E9q60jl.png

Well I, for one, am a supporter of equal rights for all - regardless of race or gender!!

6rIZTaw.png

Oh really? Then what do you think of feminism, and the three waves of progress it has brought?

WOD61CS.png

Clearly, you are a hopeless regressive sh*tlord.

ojJTSbq.png

• Like 7

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

[Clever 5] Well done.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That was great!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell