Starting TC Solo. Will most likely kill me in the morning.

While I haven't quite finished the game in normal or hard, thought I'd give it a shot. I've done a little reading, but this is gonna be trial and error for me. Going for a fairly high defense, though I already screwed up - wanted to get long strides/fast movement/whatever on my first level up and forgot - got rapid recovery instead.

Fighter

Moon Godlike

Deadfire Archipeligo/Laborer

10/16/15/11/10/16 -  can't bring myself to go min in anything

Splitting skills between Athletics, lore & mechanics... I know I should be going stealth, and by spreding myself thing, I'm most likely gimping myself.

I'm going weapon/shield, but not sure what the best type of weapon to use is; nor am I sure if plate or brigadine is better armor... any thoughts would be most helpful.  Thanks!

I'm doing a TC run myself, I've found athletics is not that useful. I run out of health before I get tired. I have it at 3 and left it there. Lore is very important so you can use scrolls. Since as a fighter you don't have access to magic it will be necessary.

Meanwhile traps are not as common as scrolls you are not forced into using scrolls even if you play fighter , with high mechanics and stealth you can use traps instead of scrolls and never forget : Petrify comes in traps not in scrolls :) Basicly as long as you got 3 Gaze of Adragan Traps with you , no fight is scary ! 

Edited by Exoduss

I've been enjoying using the +3 skill scrolls myself. Get lore up to 4 and you can spike your mechanics for hard chests, like the Obsidian Lamp chest or you can spike Survival to peacefully get the Ogre to leave Dyrford if you have survival at 2 pre-scroll.

Thanks! I am finding it extremely difficult without a party at the moment. Without some very lucky breaks, I'd be dead. I may need to rethink the character - I've done the windmill, black hound and blacksmith quests (that last one I only managed to do it by kiting the bandits into some trolls). I don't think I can handle the bear and cubs with my weapon/shield at the moment, much less trying for the ruins or going after Raedric. Not sure what to do next... 700 xp away from level 4.

Optimal for ironman is to chose path of the least resistance and risk because one crit can end it.

For example, I would like to see someone to manage to beat the spirits in the hall of caed nua 10 times in row - reliably. People claim they can do it but I have not seen it nor I found 100% reliable way to do it and I've been there a lot. Even kiting bandits to trolls I don't think its 100% reliable and whoever done it should know why. If someone uses quit and reload, well, there is no measure to taste but its not triple crown in my book.  

To avoid risky encounters Stealth/Mechanics and high Per, Int and Res are needed. Since you've done all the fetch low risk quests, and do not have(?) Stealth high enough to loot Raedrick, you need to go south to the broken bridge. However, to avoid almost impossible encounter with paralyzing kobold there you need to travel from different location than Black Meadow.  This way you enter the map from west not north and can safely do one quest there. This, together with exploring every map and looting, should get you level 4 and enough money to buy figurine.

Edited by knownastherat

Thanks! I am finding it extremely difficult without a party at the moment. Without some very lucky breaks, I'd be dead. I may need to rethink the character - I've done the windmill, black hound and blacksmith quests (that last one I only managed to do it by kiting the bandits into some trolls). I don't think I can handle the bear and cubs with my weapon/shield at the moment, much less trying for the ruins or going after Raedric. Not sure what to do next... 700 xp away from level 4.

The bears in the cave are doable (of course not 100% guaranted) even at lvl2. When you reach the cave you should have the ingredients for 2 scrolls of fan of flames and some food (from the bandits). You need a crosbow, a brigandine and 2 hatchets (2hatchets offer at the beginning of the game the same defense as a shield, but with better dps/recovery). You stealth in the left corner of the cave (where you can keep the bears in a 90° angle before you) and you shoot the bear with the crossbow using flames of devotion. Switch to hatchets and start casting fan of flames in order to cover the entire angle. The big bear should be dead after the second fan of flames (if not then use the last flames of devotion on him). Of course in TC, if you don't want to reload, it's better to wait until you have better equipment/stats.

• Like 1

abbreviations are fine anybody who show interest in this game and its forums will recognize what TC is :)

Or maybe I just don't use Steam so I don't follow all the bull**** jargon that the trophies are called. But thanks for being rude and patronising by saying I don't show interest in the game.

You should pick up the Aminat horn ASAP from the smith, then do the Temple of Eothas. If your mechanics is high enough you can spot a switch on the wall in the first level (in the eastern room with 4ish spiders) meaning you only fight them and a few Skuldr Whelps, then on the lower floor if you have a mechanics of 4 or 5 (remember you can buff it at the inn) you can pick a south eastern door leading to the remains meaning you only have to fight a few Shadows (no Shades), a Phantom (watch out, they can stun lock you) and some Black Oozes. Fan of Flames scrolls are your friend for the Phantom, as is the Animat. That should let you hit level 4 (I think), and then things start to get noticeably easier anyway.

For Raedric's Hold, you can get to Raedric fairly easily for some XP. Scale the wall and kill the guard to the north east (can be a bit tricky, but I think you should fare better as a Moon Godlike Fighter than I did with my Fire Godlike Paladin). Kill the archer if he shows up, then go through the first door. You can then get Berath's Priest robes which will disguise you, and if you have 7 mechanics and some picks you can do a door on that floor which leads straight to Raedric. Once you get there, have a chat (which grants XP anyway) and then come back to kill him later if you so choose (or just kill the far easier Kolsc). You then have free run of the Hold to get more mechanics XP.

This is from me soloing on PotD, but without Trial by Iron.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1

abbreviations are fine anybody who show interest in this game and its forums will recognize what TC is :)

Or maybe I just don't use Steam so I don't follow all the bull**** jargon that the trophies are called. But thanks for being rude.

TC means Triple Crown achievement.

At Eothas you don't even have to fight the phantom if you want to be uber cheap. Just use your animat as fodder to block the phantom from reaching you, draw the oozes and the shadow to the room with the priests remains (east of the room with the phantom), kill oozes and shadow, loot everything, now you can sneak past the phantom since the room is way emptier than before.