Spot hidden objects - how high mechanics should be

Hi,

I'm still in first act, I'm playing on hard difficulty level, my main character has 4th level and 4th level of mechanics skill.

I cannot spot any hidden objects even though I crawled all of Caed Nua in stealth mode. 

Is my mechanics skill to low? Or maybe it is a bug?

I would really advice you to max mechanics on either your PC or one of your companions, as the game goes on and you travel on to more difficult locations, the higher of a  mechanics score you will need to find traps/hidden objects/pick the locks on doors and chests.

It's not uncommon to find doors/traps that need 9/10 mechanics to unlock and disarm as soon as the later part of chapter 2.

Personally i am maxing mechanics on my player character, as far as the game-supplied companions go i guess durance would be your best bet to max it on since he gets the highest mechanics score to start off with.

You could also opt to hire an adventurer, in which case rogue is a good class for the purpose of a mechanics-toon, since they get a +2 bonus.

Edited by Xosmi

xosmi.gif

Did anyone try going back to the very first area where you awakened with high (12+ mechanic skill?).

It would be awesome if the devs actually put a secret there that couldnt be revealed until endgame mechanic skill search. Like... who would think of going back there to look?

Did anyone try going back to the very first area where you awakened with high (12+ mechanic skill?).

It would be awesome if the devs actually put a secret there that couldnt be revealed until endgame mechanic skill search. Like... who would think of going back there to look?

I just checked it out after reading your post. Went through Cilant Lis as well as the starting cave, and also did a run through Valewood. Nada.

• Like 1

I always advocated putting high/low-attribute/skill interactions into all parts of a game, as well as interactions (or restriction interactions) due to low numbers as well as high ones (so that you'd actually lose something for reducing Attributes below the base 10).

But nope.

t50aJUd.jpg