Hello.

My main character is a rogue. Right now, I have been fighting with two 1H weapons. Output damage isn't bad per se but it could be better. I have tried some 2H weapon and got some devastating effects while using sneak attacks albeit it's slower (although not my much).

Also, Edér, my main tank is wielding a 1H weapon + shield. Should I go the 2H route for him too? I am aware there are at least 3 nice 2H swords in there (Started Act 3 right now).

Opininons are welcome.

Rogue attack skills multiply the base weapon damage, so why not ?

I would say it depends on how you built your Eder. My very first game had me hire Eder before he even had a chance to learn the Guardian skill. I built him as a glass cannon. Without a shield or many defensive talents, Eder is going to get more criticals. Critical defense sounds nice. Fighters certainly have many skills and talents which boost damage, and their accuracy is already top tier.

• Like 1

It works perfectly well, but pay attention i am pretty sure all or most of the rogue abilities are "Full Attack" type which means it attacks with both weapons if you are wielding two, and they both roll separately, so if you try to blind a target with dual wield and you miss the first hit then the second hit can just as well can do it.

Rogue is bit better with dual wield, that said, if no one is using those superior swords you should totally go for them yourself, it's a lot harder to get two superb one handers.

A 2H Rogue is feasible, sure. You'll get the big damage numbers that way.

Personally, I like my melee Rogue dual-wielding, because he's alternating hits with weapons that have different unique effects and added enchantments. That lets me apply more effects on the target than I could with a single unique/enchanted weapon. The damage on each hit is lower, but the effects make up for it.

On the main tank, I experimented with Eder moving to a single 2H weapon later in the game, but he wasn't really doing that much better (damage-wise) than sword + shield, so I went back to the shield. His job isn't really to cause much damage, and with a shield he's a good backup for those fights where I screw up and he's the last one standing.... adding up a string of little 2-hit reductions on the last enemy.

Edited by Zenicetus