[1.0.4][Bug] Endless Path Level 7 and Level 8 - no Quest Progression

Xaratas

Question

I have reached the fampyr on level 8. Spoke to him, and nothing happend.

No quest progression, no xp, no insight in the diary. Even Kana thought he was dead and did not tell anything.

On level 7 I got also nothing from putting the 4 pyramids into the stands. And it happend nothing excluding the now active elemental flames.

Link goes to: Save on level 8, half cleared

Save on level 8 before Fampyr

Save on level 9 after Fampyr

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/BTUoFLuzzJkWkDdG7gaCqSxBRgIVjbtc

Output log from a second try, after reporting the double Animat yesterday.

Pictures show conversation with Fampyr.

System:

Linux, Elementary OS Luna (Linux 3.11.10.4 #1 SMP Thu Jun 26 23:14:09 CEST 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)

cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor    : 0
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 37
model name    : Intel® Core i5 CPU       M 520  @ 2.40GHz
stepping    : 5
microcode    : 0x2
cpu MHz        : 1199.000
cache size    : 3072 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 4
core id        : 0
cpu cores    : 2
apicid        : 0
initial apicid    : 0
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 11
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes lahf_lm ida arat dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
bogomips    : 4787.46
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:        5775820 kB
MemFree:          812436 kB
Buffers:          235928 kB
Cached:          2237940 kB
SwapCached:         4716 kB
Active:          2540720 kB
Inactive:        2030952 kB
Active(anon):    1329472 kB
Inactive(anon):   770664 kB
Active(file):    1211248 kB
Inactive(file):  1260288 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
SwapTotal:       5953788 kB
SwapFree:        5936912 kB
Dirty:              4484 kB
Writeback:             0 kB
AnonPages:       2093536 kB
Mapped:           146252 kB
Shmem:              2332 kB
Slab:             238124 kB
SReclaimable:     202576 kB
SUnreclaim:        35548 kB
KernelStack:        4464 kB
PageTables:        34476 kB
NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
Bounce:                0 kB
WritebackTmp:          0 kB
CommitLimit:     8841696 kB
Committed_AS:    6646820 kB
VmallocTotal:   34359738367 kB
VmallocUsed:      395616 kB
VmallocChunk:   34359289852 kB
HardwareCorrupted:     0 kB
AnonHugePages:         0 kB
HugePages_Total:       0
HugePages_Free:        0
HugePages_Rsvd:        0
HugePages_Surp:        0
Hugepagesize:       2048 kB
DirectMap4k:      504064 kB
DirectMap2M:     5449728 kB

Player.log.txt

post-50606-0-06399700-1429815223_thumb.jpg

post-50606-0-51696200-1429815227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xaratas

9 answers to this question

Ok, at least for Quest Addendum 6 somehow i missed the talking points the first time i was there. I reloaded the posted save and got back to the fampyr to find the option unlocked.

I checked also the quest and conversation files (i need a Questfile editor, reading the xml as source is just bad) and the path to the node 129 is logical and doable.

What quest progression are you expecting? Kana's quest is limited to opening Gabrannos' study on level 7.  You open Gabrannos' study, kill the skeletal wizard, click on the tablet, talk to Kana, done.

The Fampyr on Level 8 is NOT Gabrannos and has nothing to do with Kana or his quest. The only quest the fampyr is involved in is the quest he gives you - kill the rest of the fampyrs on level 8 and he lets you use the stairs down without a fight.

The forges on level 7 only remove the Greater Blights near the level exit. Each forge "traps" the Greater Blight of its respective element. If you simply killed the Greater Blights in battle, the forges do absolutely nothing.

Thanks for clarifying the level 7 Pyramids.

I expect progression in the Quest "The Master below". The the stringtable files have texts for the questlog to mention the fact that you talked with the fampyr. But they did not unlock.

Namely the copyed Texts, or there duplicates with id 20015 and 20016.

English:

<Entry>
      <ID>20005</ID>
      <DefaultText>I stumbled upon a convenant of Vampires who all serve who they call the "Undying Master," their thousand year old leader. Could this be the Master Below, Od Nua?</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>20006</ID>
      <DefaultText>In the depths of Od Nua, I encountered a deranged man, apparently Engwithan in origin. He claimed to have been one of the leading researchers from Od Nua's time, his soul and body sustained through magical extraction of the soul energy from the surrounding adra. Some force, he said, has since driven adra beetles up from the lower floors to devour the living adra, limiting his source of energy - driving him to murder or exile his fellow Fampyr kin, now devolved into mindless monsters. He seemed convinced that this force must be Od Nua, who has perhaps escaped death by similar means.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>

German:

<Entry>
      <ID>20005</ID>
      <DefaultText>Ich stieß auf eine Gruppe Vampire, die alle ihrem tausend Jahre alten Anführer dienen, den sie den "Unsterblichen Meister" nennen. Ob das wohl Od Nua sein könnte, der Meister in der Tiefe?</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>20006</ID>
      <DefaultText>In Od Nuas Labyrinth traf ich auf einen wahnsinnigen Mann, der wohl engwithanischer Herkunft war. Er behauptete, einer der führenden Forscher von Od Nuas Zeit gewesen zu sein, und dass seine Seele und sein Körper durch die magische Extraktion der Seelenenergie vom Adra in der Umgebung erhalten werden. Er sagte, dass irgendeine Macht Adra-Käfer nach oben getrieben hat, um den lebenden Adra zu fressen, was seine Energiequelle reduzierte - und ihn zum Mord an seinen Fampir-Gefährten zwang, die nun zu hirnlosen Monstern degeneriert sind. Er schien davon überzeugt zu sein, dass es sich bei dieser Macht um Od Nua handeln muss, der dem Tod vielleicht auf ähnliche Weise entkommen ist.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>

post-50606-0-16460900-1430479070_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xaratas

On level 7 I got also nothing from putting the 4 pyramids into the stands. And it happend nothing excluding the now active elemental flames.

Same for me.

I expect progression in the Quest "The Master below". The the stringtable files have texts for the questlog to mention the fact that you talked with the fampyr. But they did not unlock.

The Quest update worked properly for me. Kana was not in my group at that time. Don't know if that matters.

Well, I checked for you... the first definitely isn't there, but the second is (20006). I had Kana in my party when I talked to the Fampyr, so that's not it.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Same thing for me today kind of.  Lvl. 8 Fampyre does speak, directs he wants "Them killed"

and when the dialogue is complete there is no Quest, or allusion in any way to a quest/task etc.

in the log.  Typically of course the Quest will post on main screen after a dialogue.  Do not want to

clear this place out and find out I never had the "quest" blah blah.  Easier to leave for now.  Will try

main character in dialogue see if that works.