When did I learn Engwithan?

hB2D5x1.png

Serious question, I might've zoned out. Because I don't remember ever learning Engwithan. I'm, like, a foreigner. I'm a man caught in a woman's soul caught in a man's body, raised as a genderless deathlike to uncaring nobles of the far-away Aedyre Empire. When did I learn Ancient Engwithan?

t50aJUd.jpg

Yep, if you talk to the fampyr too early it's all gibberish, then he tries to skewer you. Nice touch, I thought.

• Like 2

Really? Wow, alright, blown away here. My question was actually a bit tongue-in-cheek, and I knew that I learned to read Engwithan runes at Heritage Hill, I just did not at all expect it to manifest in completely unrelated contexts, and certainly not without lamplighting it.

That is actually incredibly, incredibly awesome.

• Like 5

t50aJUd.jpg

After you learn Engwithan, you can also read the runes in that dungeon you have to go to as part of the main quest (something Rilag).

Damn, now I will have to do that before Heritage Hill at some point, just so I can look like a fool. :lol:

t50aJUd.jpg

you can test your knowledge easily enough just by going to the map with the flooded canyon in it in ch1.  the flooded ruins near there have a rune ring nearby that is written in engwithan.

you can't read it before you know the language, you can after.

ezpz.

• Like 1

you can test your knowledge easily enough just by going to the map with the flooded canyon in it in ch1.  the flooded ruins near there have a rune ring nearby that is written in engwithan.

you can't read it before you know the language, you can after.

ezpz.

Oh! Oh! Ooooh! You're right! I had completely forgotten about that.

t50aJUd.jpg

@Luckmann, not to offend or be a jerk or something, but I think this is the first time I ever saw you say anything positive about the game. lol

Positivity looks good on ya man ;)

It is the first time I've been blown away by the game in terms of reactivity, truth be told. :lol: Completely blindsided me. That and running into an old face at Magran's Fork after I told him to get out of Gilded Vale, best parts so far. :p

t50aJUd.jpg