Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

Morgan Freeman on violent video games: https://www.facebook.com/MorganFreeman/photos/a.230075090408483.56554.120791238003536/816776071738379/?type=1

/pol/ continues to link GamerGate to Common Core and Bill Gates:

Just circumstancial evidence, but entertaining enough for its own Deus Ex-moment.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I tried to watch that video for a few seconds, but yeah.  

Budweiser's marketing team lately has been terrible though.  First they had that super defensive commercial about craft beer, and now they come across as the light beer choice for date rapists.  :p

MOAR Pakman, this time with the founder of Honey Badger, Allison Tieman:

...and why do i suddenly agree with Fox News?! D: D: D: D:

"Toughen up, buttercup!"

I watched fox news and they were saying reasonable things.

What the **** happened ?

Is it manapause. Fox is a service for old people who like to have their preconceptions stroked by leggy blondes and silver haired pundits. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Gah, I hate the site layout, but I can get over that.  I'll give them a look see when I get a chance and give their content a chance.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The "interview" with Ms Sommers is a little farcical, the host barely lets the woman speak, or grills her in any way as the piece is far too short and biased. Though I do agree with the general sentiment of the piece, that the real world of business and life is going to be a cruel awakening for these people whom are used to their hugboxes and everybody taking account of their feelings. They will be eaten up and spat out by those whom are used to competition, merit and struggle and not particularly interested in others feelings.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

now they come across as the light beer choice for date rapists.   :p

The way that slogan is phrased, wouldn't it be the light beer choice of prospective date rape victims if anything? :rolleyes:

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

The "interview" with Ms Sommers is a little farcical, the host barely lets the woman speak, or grills her in any way as the piece is far too short and biased. Though I do agree with the general sentiment of the piece, that the real world of business and life is going to be a cruel awakening for these people whom are used to their hugboxes and everybody taking account of their feelings. They will be eaten up and spat out by those whom are used to competition, merit and struggle and not particularly interested in others feelings.

This won't be an issue if we just mandate that everyone take their daily injection of Prozium and we show no mercy to any pesky sense offenders.

eusa_think.gif

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They will be eaten up and spat out by those whom are used to competition, merit and struggle

...and they'll conclude that this process is part of a global conspiracy to oppress and victimize them, and that the more competitive people must be deriving their success from some kind of institutional privilege.

And certain segments of the political landscape will listen to them and push more illiberal legislation in their favor.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

What is the red stuff in that bowl?  Is that ketchup? Sriracha?

So, you mean to tell me that the culture of everyone's a winner, everyone's a star, we don't keep score, you all get participation trophies, you're all special, all your issues are important and everyone should treat them as important, let's build this hugbox around people, has created a generation of entitled brats that feel everyone needs to treat them special and tiptoe around whatever issues them may have?  Huh, never would have seen that coming.  :-

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

What is the red stuff in that bowl?  Is that ketchup? Sriracha?

More than likely chili paste.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Given that I don't see any goji beans, I figured it was a goji bean paste to make it a goji bowl.

EDIT: Or maybe the brown stuff is chocolate covered goji beans...?

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That Budweiser fuss seems like people reading something that's not there, given the #upforwhatever on the can there too - I guess Nike's promoting rape as well :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was less about the #upforwhatever and more about the changing no to something else.  Given that 'no means no' has been the tagline of date rape prevention since forever, it isn't hard to see that as a bad choice of words.

Yeah but given the #upforwhatever I just see it as you not being inhibited to have fun (as silly as that is for a beer, but that's the idea). Rather than it encouraging you to, well, get raped - it's you losing the no, after all.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at the 'outrage' online over that though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They deserve some ridicule, for sure.  But they dropped the ad campaign when it was pointed out how ridiculous it sounds.  Now you have people raging about them dropping it.  People gonna rage, I guess.   :aiee:

I find Budweiser's swill more offensive than their marketing efforts.

• Like 3

The video you all been waiting for, Pakman interviews Sargon of Akkad....who now has a name....and a face?!

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm curious about this "Woman in a refrigerator" trope, and I couldn't think of a better place to ask a few questions:

Why is it just not called revenge as it used to be?

Is affection for a loved one now a negative thing?

Is apathy desirable?

Is it only women whom can be in this metaphorical refrigerator, if it is a man, a ghost or anything else is that alright?

Does this strike anyone as a slightly desperate try to justify a trope?

Why is this demeaning, are the victims supposed to be invulnerable and uncared for for some reason?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

arthur.png

arthur2.png

What a brave man to stand up against such tyranny as such as fabolously gay journalist and a lady scholar can cause to such a fine establishment

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy