Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

Ah, i never followed handegg.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, that was dissapointing. Aside from the strange statement "Sure ethics in game journalism is a great issue, but do not go after the journalists or the indies, go after the developers!" (lulz), it was a similar snoozefest like with Vox Day.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So he blamed getting sacked on his opinions? Seems kind of a stretch.

Well, that was dissapointing. Aside from the strange statement "Sure ethics in game journalism is a great issue, but do not go after the journalists or the indies, go after the developers!" (lulz), it was a similar snoozefest like with Vox Day.

So "don't blame the journalists for being corrupt, blame the people allegedly corrupting them"?

Thank you for saving me 30 minutes, I will now post a Kurdish cutie.

1429856263213.jpg

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

SJWs blocking SWJs. For great justice!

One block according to their abilities, another block according to their needs.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

See, this is why not every social activist is a SJW.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is that the Miles Cheong? It's like they switched him for someone else.

I like how he downplays his former Hitler worship as "I Once Had Opinions About A Thing".

See, this is why not every social activist is a SJW.

I'd argue that almost no social activists are SJWs, as that requires getting off your ass and doing something rather than complaining about the white supremacist patriarcy oppressing all of the genderfluid transblack crabkin.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Did he not social justice hard enough or did he social justice too hard or have they moved on to a different social justice flavor of the month and he didn't change his social justicing fast enough?  I can't tell any more.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

IGDA Kate Edwards: "...there's no interest in dialogue. At all. It's not about that for GamerGate. It's about forcing opinion on other people."

You block everyone with different opinion and then blame them for not having a dialogue. Welp, I guess that's IGDA boss for you.

• Like 3

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

IGDA Kate Edwards: "...there's no interest in dialogue. At all. It's not about that for GamerGate. It's about forcing opinion on other people."

You block everyone with different opinion and then blame them for not having a dialogue. Welp, I guess that's IGDA boss for you.

lol.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

MOAR Pakman, this time with the founder of Honey Badger, Allison Tieman:

...and why do i suddenly agree with Fox News?! D: D: D: D:

"Toughen up, buttercup!"

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Holy ****! Have things really gone that bad? Safe rooms and puppies to protect people from the speech of a middle-aged woman? :o

I had to watch the video twice to make sure I actually heard it right. How do these people survive in life? My god....

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Yup. And, it's not just white woman who say that. Chris Rock complained about it. It really is some scary stuff. Yet, these are usually the same people who threaten women in game developed). SJWs are really nazis - it is all about power, control, slavery, and silencing different opinions.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yup. And, it's not just white woman who say that. Chris Rock complained about it. It really is some scary stuff. Yet, these are usually the same people who threaten women in game developed). SJWs are really nazis - it is all about power, control, slavery, and silencing different opinions.

Chris Rock on college(and a lot of other stuff).

Interviewer: When did you start to notice this?

Chris Rock: About eight years ago. Probably a couple of tours ago. It was just like, This is not as much fun as it used to be. I remember talking to George Carlin before he died and him saying the exact same thing.

Carlin tried to warn us.

...and why do i suddenly agree with Fox News?! D: D: D: D:

"Toughen up, buttercup!"

You agree with Fox News because suddenly they are saying something that aligns with your perspective, my advice is don't make a habit of it. You will be disappointed  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I agree with what the News anchor is saying "You have to listen to opposing views and deal with it". But I find it Hilarious that that particular sentiment is coming from Fox News.

On a games Journalism front: 

http://steamed.kotaku.com/steam-review-bombing-is-a-problem-1701088582/+nathangrayson

He turns a question about "Review Bombing" into a piece about the indie dev documentary or whatever "Game Loading"

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Sounds like something Ayyteam would say.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy