Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

At this point I think that everyone still willingly involved does so out of hate rather than any real goals.

Think it was always like that, have people online trying to earn cred for being pro-social justice and then people that hate SJWs. Don't think anyone ever listened to anyone with a differing point of view in all this, what made it so fun to watch these sad Twitter jihadis go at each other :lol:

Does seem to be petering out a bit of late though, people turning inside and so on. Had to laugh at Harper being dogpiled by some SJ twitter people for sticking up for the wrong person

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I believe the only time I used my twitter account to literally post something to that effect is the "I support inclusivity and artisitc freedom, but I'm against biased media reporting" picture. Yet whenever I engaged people who attacked me without provocation in a respectful and reasonable manner I was still the bad guy. They attacked me, but I was sea-lioning. I wanted specific terminology to seperate consumer advocacy from editorial, and because of that I was being oppressive by putting people into simple boxes not befitting the real world, so they called me a conservative, an MRA and an American. The irony of some of "the narrative" is not lost on me because Leigh Alexander using her fanbase to dogpile you is exactly the same as Thunderf00t using his fanbase to dogpile you.

I don't think it's humanely possible to have it any other way to be honest. That's why I see all attempts to reign internet crowds under control as a waste of time.

Haha, well. I didn't mean that they called me that as a insult (although I'm sure they did) but that they immediately slapped labels on me. They were upset at me for wanting consistent terminology and clarity, considering that oppressive because you can't put real life into neat little boxes, and then proceeded to put me into neat little boxes. There is humor to be found in the fact that those boxes were ridiculously far off the mark, but I was mostly commenting on the the awful double-think.

• Like 1

"Can't help but note the hypocrisy of asking "how dare you say GG shares some similarities with hate groups?" while literally comparing the opposition to one of the worst mass murderers in the entire history of mankind."

The opposition are SJWs who have bragged about how all gamers should be sent to the gulag and that they should bring back bullying. They have threatened to murder me and repeatedly. Have claimed I'm already dead. Have slandered me. They are nazis. Plain and simple. I don't apologize for telling the truth.

\That's another problem with SJWs. they expect one to apologize for telling the truthz.

The fact is that people like YOU expect ME to apologize cause I was TRIGGERED by  threatened with murder. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Meh, any internet grouping of any significance will have elements of a hate group. It's basically the same process by which you have football fans, most of whose purpose is to support their teams and football fans whose purpose is to hate everyone else's team and provoke or attack their fans. The internet is rife with morons, inevitably some will be on your 'side' of things, sometimes, and just as inevitably some will be against you.

I get around the more negative elements of GG much the same way people like TB do, I don't consider myself to be part of GamerGate.

Fionavar whom was consistently assumed to be a woman for some reason

Fiona(var). Fiona is a girl's name. Since it's Welsh in origin I'm not sure whether there would be dutch/ other foreign equivalents as there are for names like Catherine or Elizabeth, but that is why the assumption is made.

Same mistake was made fairly regularly when he was admining TTLG for a year prior to coming here.

• Like 1

I just assumed Fionavar liked the tapestry books.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'd always assumed that a fairly moderate place, such as this is, would be fairly ignored by both sides. The SJF's being too busy telling people off, acting superior, pursuing their hate agenda and making up new scientific and statistical explanations for justifying their stupidity. The over rabid Gamergate activists not being too outraged when we do not conform to their groupthink, as we do generally want ethical reform, a fit for purpose media, an end to the endemic corruption and an end to the gamers are dead accusations. I'd certainly not target the moderation here, which has been more than fair I think.

Just my personal opinion however.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Hopefully something good might come out of this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/33ydv2/spjethicsweek_megathread/

Society of Professional Journalism week.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd always assumed that a fairly moderate place, such as this is, would be fairly ignored by both sides. The SJF's being too busy telling people off, acting superior, pursuing their hate agenda and making up new scientific and statistical explanations for justifying their stupidity.

Implying, of course, that any scientific and statistical explanation that points at them being right must have been made up by them.

What a moderate viewpoint.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Implying, of course, that any scientific and statistical explanation that points at them being right must have been made up by them.

What a moderate viewpoint.

Well it is, at least the people I think he's referring to. Not everyone is who concerned with social issues is a SJW, after all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To be fair, he said this was a moderate place, not that he has a moderate viewpoint. To be even fairer, as someone who has been on the receiving ends of both extremes, Nonek is hella moderate.

ur mom hella moderate ooooooooo

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Re: Gamergate being a hate group, you repeat a lie enough, it eventually becomes true. Its just not about hating women like the sjws claim, its about hating sjws and crap games journalists.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

To be fair, he said this was a moderate place, not that he has a moderate viewpoint.

Seriously? Based on his posting history in these topics, you'd think he's contractually obliged to identify as a moderate in every. single. post.

(Also: when you literally call your opponents fascists for the horrible thoughtcrime of wanting demographics distribution in media to actually resemble reality, you lose every right to call yourself a moderate in my book, but that's orthogonal to the point.)

Re: Gamergate being a hate group, you repeat a lie enough, it eventually becomes true. 

That's a funny realization from a member of a movement supposedly built on outrage over the completely fictional "gamers are dead" articles.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

More like hating everyone with different opinion. Or sometimes even with no opinion at all.  huh.png

Hm, for the latter one that tends to be an anti-GG thing, they hate people who are trying to be or seem to be neutral. Former though, it does seem that way, but again that is both sides (see above).

Of course, to me it seems more like normal internet jackals rather than anything so grandiose as a hate group (maybe Mourinho can use this to label people who hate his club :lol)

Edited by Malcador

More like hating everyone with different opinion. Or sometimes even with no opinion at all.  :huh:

Yes, I am sure that you can feel seething hate brewing in this forum. GG must be the lamest hate group ever, not managing chase one single woman from the internet yet :( No, GG stands for artistic freedom for the creators and the elimination of corrupt journalists that try to control the media.

Harlan Ellison says it better than most:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsbiB_4AEqI&feature=youtu.be&t=32

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj_IEqk7Uwk

Jump to 20 seconds. Discuss.

She wants some ****. Impossible to be interpreted in any other way. End of story.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

...wanting demographics distribution in media to actually resemble reality

1) Promote, participate or create media that follows that ideology

2) Demand, censor, ban media that does not follow that ideology

Pick one.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy