Rest bonus from completed keep should be waaaaay better

I still have no idea how everybody is rolling in dough in late game. I don't buy ****** at the shops, but somehow I'm constantly poor--never had more than 12K at a stretch.

Actually, now that I think about I'm pretty sure all my money goes to enchantments and scrolls.

I still have no idea how everybody is rolling in dough in late game. I don't buy ****** at the shops, but somehow I'm constantly poor--never had more than 12K at a stretch.

Actually, now that I think about I'm pretty sure all my money goes to enchantments and scrolls.

Which is sort of like buying every stack of enchanted ammunition you can find in BG2, tbh.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Which is sort of like buying every stack of enchanted ammunition you can find in BG2, tbh.

Naw. Enchanted ammunition doesn't let your mage cast healing magic, or your fighter cast fireball, etc. Scrolls are crazy useful for cross-class versatility.

Genociding everything in world and selling stuff to merchants that you get discounts gives you unfathomable amount of money, although they made or will made some balance fix in selling stuff to merchants that give discount, but you get quite lot of money by just selling all the loot to any normal merchant too.

How can you not be Scrooge McDuck swimming in a bank of copper? Hell, I have all 8 hirelings at the Stronghold so I see people walking around just to make it feel like it's inhabited. I know it's a waste of money but my copper has never gone down. It's only ever gone up.

Here's a short video where I go from 102K to 132K copper. And this is before the end of Act 2.

Nah, it would be in the same league as the existing inns.

Defiance Bay has an inn that gives +4 INT, which is incredible for spellcasters (especially since it stacks with "+2 INT while equipped" items).

Twin Elms has an inn that gives +2 RES, +2 CON, +2 MIG all at the same time.

Letting the stronghold stack its measly +1 bonuses wouldn't be OP at all in comparison.

I agree. I always stay at inns including the one in Dyrford with the +2 Mig, +2 Con, +2 Int. The Stronghold is a joke.

I'd be tempted to use brighthollow, if all the bonuses were cumulative. Right now I just travel to inns. :/

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I concur. Even if they maybe split it into say, two bonuses (say, Might/Con/Dex and Int/Per/Res) each with the associated skills it would be okay. As it is, it's only any cop for a quick rush before you have to go somewhere across the map and find a local inn with a better bonus. This really could use fixing.

The Keep itself would do well with a buff. As it stands its pretty much just a mid game money sink. Granted we have the main quest to contend with but they could have added more meatiness to it, NWN2 keep was fkn awesome. I was hoping this was going to be along those lines. I like the security /prestige premise but there's no interaction with the place unless you're optionally going to defend it yourself. The shops offer weak loot, it never upgrades on your level or on the act...I really like the Keep just wished they given it a bigger part in the player's game experience.

As for the bonuses, I NEVER sleep at my Keep - the trip alone isnt worth it, nevermind the fact that the inns offer way better bonuses

As for the bonuses, I NEVER sleep at my Keep - the trip alone isnt worth it, nevermind the fact that the inns offer way better bonuses

The only time I sleep at my keep is if I'm heading there anyway for some quest or bounty. The inn in Act III that gives you +2 to three stats at once is so much better it's not worth considering anything else most of the time. This is a shame. Everyone knows that sleeping in your own mansion makes you feel way better than any hotel room, no matter how nice it is :)

Completely agree.  As it stands, I see zero point in resting for any other bonus other than the +2 MGT, +2 INT, +2 CON bonus you get from Dyrford.

The +4 INT bonus is good too if you happen to be in the neighborhood, but I don't see how it's actually comparable for a group as the above buff.  Even if you don't really "need" the extra CON, +2 MGT/+2 INT is still better generally.

The only time I sleep at my keep is if I'm heading there anyway for some quest or bounty. The inn in Act III that gives you +2 to three stats at once is so much better it's not worth considering anything else most of the time. This is a shame. Everyone knows that sleeping in your own mansion makes you feel way better than any hotel room, no matter how nice it is :)

It's actually Act 2, and the room is called "Dragon's Lair". :)

Edited by Sanctuary