Since the devs obviously didnt want us to fight the Adra dragon in the conventional way; I finally caved in and chose to fight cheese with cheese.

My strategy, if it helps someone else:

1: Talk to the adra dragon and receive her quest
2: Proceed right and kill the mobs from the top right and downwards, facing the wall
3: When you reach the Xaurups, the adra dragon will aggro and slowly walk towards the party
4: Summon some wyrms or something else and send it towards the adra dragon
5: Train the mobs remaining all the way to the treasury
6: The adra dragon should be closing in now
7: send eder - the only character that can survive being one shot to the left and hug the wall, make sure he is closest to the adra dragon
8: when the dragon is nearly in range of him, summon the adra beetle right infront of the adra dragon aswell
9: Run your mages to the far right and down, then straight left into the side of the dragon.
10: Cast all the petrify skills you have and pray they land - if it doesent - reload, if petrify hits - nuke the dragon with all you got

I found out that petrifying the dragon in itself does not work. Impossible to survive all the adds on their own with the mass lightning, mass dominate, paralyze spears etc. 

Edit: Further note: It is really sad that the devs made such a great game but failed so hard on the adra dragon. It is by far the most cheesy and cheap boss design I have ever seen in a video game and I've been a gamer for 20 years. 

The dragon will simply one shot most of your party in less than 2 seconds, even WITHOUT all the adds in the room the dragon is straight up impossible to win against with the AOE one-shot mechanics here.

Edited by Ouroboros226
  • Like 1

really no need for this hussle

on potd some willbreaker curses like the level 3 skill of griving mother and alots curse on lvl 5 are enough for the gaze of the adragan (from alot) to hit like 70% of the time from there on its instant win even with the adds

btw i did it with a almost pure physical damage approach on normal with some true damage spells of druid and cypher

on potd some willbreaker curses like the level 3 skill of griving mother and alots curse on lvl 5 are enough for the gaze of the adragan (from alot) to hit like 70% of the time from there on its instant win even with the adds

But they also need to pass accuracy check against will, so what's the point?

But they also need to pass accuracy check against will, so what's the point?

It's not very difficult to get in a Graze, and once you land one, it gets progressively easier.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Adra's will save is also significantly lower than its fort save. To be fair one of the easiest ways to consistently land petrify on him includes cipher and druid. Cipher has the highest spell accuracy in general, so it's not that difficult to get even 100% hit or graze on mental binding for him. In turn it reduces reflex by ~80 (40 + 2*dex). After that, druid's petrify would most likely not only hit but also crit. Its duration is not that great, but you can recast it and you don't need much time tbh.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Petrify is the quickest way to kill her, but Confusion is also pretty decent -- you can get her to fight the Adragans for you. The dragon slayer's ability combined with Eldritch Aim (Wizards cast it, everyone else drinks potions) is generally enough to reliably land the first debuff on her and the rest are easier. You do need to position the party in such a way that she's facing the sacrificial character and everyone else is on the other side of her.

Edit: Further note: It is really sad that the devs made such a great game but failed so hard on the adra dragon. It is by far the most cheesy and cheap boss design I have ever seen in a video game and I've been a gamer for 20 years. 

Wow in those 20 years you must not have played a single challenging game or gotten very good because the Adra Dragon is not hard.

The Adra Dragon has high damage including an AOE, high defenses and some adds. Not even very many adds. That's cheap and cheesy? No immunities. No environment effects. No disables (just the handful of Adragans but not the dragon itself.) No special instant kills (The damage is survivable). The damage isnt even raw like your party can make use of.

That's it. That's the great amount of cheese you find so impossibly insurmountable. Most people would beat it using buffs, debuffs and disables just like any other fight that might actually require some work but apparently that's cheese now. The adds are a joke and you can take them out the same way you usually take out Adragans and Xaurips. A couple foe only aoes. Especially since you've buffed your party.