Custom Portraits are Fun

I started to make a Supernatural cast portrait party but I haven't gotten around to finishing it. A Star Trek:OS party might amuse me, too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I get pretty attached to my party so I generally spend a WHOLE lot of time on just CC for my PC.  I can't count the number of times I restarted games like Skyrim and such because I soon realized I didn't like something about how the PC looked.  I do prefer the companions to be well written in-game characters though, not one's I just make up with no in-game personalities, quests, etc.

I get pretty attached to my party so I generally spend a WHOLE lot of time on just CC for my PC.  I can't count the number of times I restarted games like Skyrim and such because I soon realized I didn't like something about how the PC looked.  I do prefer the companions to be well written in-game characters though, not one's I just make up with no in-game personalities, quests, etc.

You can't change the look of the portrait on the fly like in PoE? That sucks

I do prefer the companions to be well written in-game characters though, not one's I just make up with no in-game personalities, quests, etc.

Same here.

I also tend to get attached to companion personality = their original portrait, so I can't even change that (unless I did it from the 1st start, before getting to "know" them). It'd be like attaching a different face to a friend or family member. Just feels weird.

So in this case, using the no-personality adventurers, it's just for the visual funnies. The thought of Kirk/Spock/McCoy/Scotty/Uhura running around in the game just makes me :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't understand the negativity.  Being able to use custom portraits is a great feature, even if someone else happens to use portraits you don't like.

I've been using screenshots from the character builder to make portraits for my characters, so that they match the in-game appearance of the character somewhat.

• Like 2

Party of visual novel characters from Hananono 

87f42bd7ee.jpg

Judge all you want, something as simple as customizing portraits really make the game for me, 

d79067866e.jpg

Anyone else created custom portraits for their party? Feel free to share

If the game was moddable, the 3D models could also be altered to your liking.

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.