In fact you don't need points in survival because you can kill the dragon in under 1min. For my first try I started killing first the minions before attacking the dragon and that's why I feared the buffs won't last long enough - however you don't need to do that (see my videos). The food buffs are needed only for the tough fights, it's not like you have to be buffed to the teeth all the time. If you play on normal with a party you don't even need that level of optimization.

In fact you don't need points in survival because you can kill the dragon in under 1min. For my first try I started killing first the minions before attacking the dragon and that's why I feared the buffs won't last long enough - however you don't need to do that (see my videos). The food buffs are needed only for the tough fights, it's not like you have to be buffed to the teeth all the time. If you play on normal with a party you don't even need that level of optimization.

While I would never say that the Survival skill is critical, if you have a character who doesn't really need most of the other skills, points spent on Survival aren't wasted.  Extending the duration of short-ish duration combat potions is worthwhile, particularly if you get your survival up high enough to get a 30% or higher boost.

Of course, I will say that on Normal mode, one can get by without any potions, outside of healing ones.  I will say that the Arcane Accuracy (?) potion is a great one for Ranged Rogues, particularly late in the game if you're trying to use a Finishing Blow attack on a high level boss enemy.  Nothing like increasing the chance that you'll hit, or even better get a crit on that sort of attack!