The ruins of Cilant Lis

I'm in the ruins in scouting mode and discovered secrets at several signa tiles set in a luminous rectangle yet am unable to acquire any secrets when clicking on them.  I have lvl 2 mechanic skill which is apparently not enuf.  Will someone tell me what lvl of skills are required to attain these secrets?  Also the same question for climbing the walls in in the ruins of Valewood.

The  thing about political Power is that, like everything else, it's an illusion and often confused with Authority whereas authority is static; passive and defensive as it is given by power and can be taken away;  Power is taken,  fluid,  willful and offensive, and cannot be taken, only replaced. 

Everything is One...You.  You are so much greater than the outline of Your body. -Allen C. Norde`

I'm in the ruins in scouting mode and discovered secrets at several signa tiles set in a luminous rectangle

Those aren't secrets, they're traps.

Also, moving to spoilers.

P.S. Secrets found with Mechanics glow purple.

P.P.S. If your chr. can't climb the vines you can bring Eder back a bit later and he can do it :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks for the heads-up guys.  Now I know the diff tween traps & secrets & the benefit of the hook&rope.  Stay strong. :no: 

The  thing about political Power is that, like everything else, it's an illusion and often confused with Authority whereas authority is static; passive and defensive as it is given by power and can be taken away;  Power is taken,  fluid,  willful and offensive, and cannot be taken, only replaced. 

Everything is One...You.  You are so much greater than the outline of Your body. -Allen C. Norde`

Also worth mentioning that you are not really supposed to be able to disable those traps (well, most of them anyway).

The traps present a obstacle that you can solve in one of three ways:

- Find a different path around it

- Use someone with at least lvl1 mechanic to disable a narrow path of traps that makes it barely possible to squeeze through (some of the traps are easy to disable - making it possible to Indiana-Jones your way across)

- Disable the traps via lighting the pillars in the adjacent room

Of course if you want to do extreme optimization - you can leave the traps and then disable them all later when you can come back with more mechanics skill, as all traps do give some xp reward...

-Stigma

• Like 1

Also worth mentioning that you are not really supposed to be able to disable those traps (well, most of them anyway).

The traps present a obstacle that you can solve in one of three ways:

- Find a different path around it

- Use someone with at least lvl1 mechanic to disable a narrow path of traps that makes it barely possible to squeeze through (some of the traps are easy to disable - making it possible to Indiana-Jones your way across)

Of course if you want to do extreme optimization - you can leave the traps and then disable them all later when you can come back with more mechanics skill, as all traps do give some xp reward...

-Stigma

My rogue with max mechanics had no problem disarming all the traps as soon as she saw them...

Edited by Amberion

Of course if you want to do extreme optimization - you can leave the traps and then disable them all later when you can come back with more mechanics skill, as all traps do give some xp re

Very interesting.   How did you discover that lighting the pillars in the adjacent trapped room would disable the traps?  Since the pillared room is a dead-end, did you light the pillars, and subsequently return to the trapped room (with the exit) to find the traps disabled?  Also, if my character was to return to the trapped room (at this point I know I lit the pillars, but don't recall whether the traps are now disabled) with sufficient mech and the traps disabled, is there a way to enable them to acquire xp?

Edited by Xarastier

Very interesting.   How did you discover that lighting the pillars in the adjacent trapped room would disable the traps?

If you have the rogue-like npc with you he makes a comment as you approach them the first time.

If you hold the TAB key down they highlight and clicking them gives you a message I think. Then you just click each one to light them with the torches (if not a fire godlike).

Once disabled I don't think you can reenable them. Although I think the pillar method does not disable ALL of them. More like disables a path through them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Very interesting.   How did you discover that lighting the pillars in the adjacent trapped room would disable the traps?

If you have the rogue-like npc with you he makes a comment as you approach them the first time.

If you hold the TAB key down they highlight and clicking them gives you a message I think. Then you just click each one to light them with the torches (if not a fire godlike).

Once disabled I don't think you can reenable them. Although I think the pillar method does not disable ALL of them. More like disables a path through them.

Can confirm, once you light the pillars it only disables some of the trapped tiles, but there's no option to re-enable the ones it deactivates, so you lose out on the possible exp for disarming them.

xosmi.gif

Tnx  guys.  I'm convinced it would be futile to return to Cilant lis.

In Cilant Lis' after I reveal the secret alcove and kill the monster there, I go into scouting mode and my character finds something but there is no indicator pink-purple thingy, everytime I start a new game this pisses me off. I looked at a guide which shows that secret loot is there near the alcove's entrance but game doesn't show it to me.

W'sup Quillon.  When an acquired item is taken either by the tab key or scouting a right click on it will not only indicate what it is but also what it does.  Did you ever right click on that "pink-purple thingy" (or place it in your inventory or stash)?  By your description of the odd color there's a good chance that it's at least an Epic item!  It may be worth your time & energy to return and get it (if you don't have to restart). :no:  

The problem is I can't see the loot which I discovered using tab or whatever When I looked at a guide map in the interwebz, it shows there is a secret stash right near the secret door but game doesn't show it to me. I'm not expecting an Epic İtem :D but this is the only place something like this happens in the game.

The problem is I can't see the loot which I discovered using tab or whatever When I looked at a guide map in the interwebz, it shows there is a secret stash right near the secret door but game doesn't show it to me. I'm not expecting an Epic İtem :D but this is the only place something like this happens in the game.

You mean the secret door in the room with the gems-for eyes face, near the ooze monsters, right ?

There's no 'hidden' loot there, only the container that you can only get at once the door is open, which will show up just fine even if you're not in stealth mode.

The only thing 'secret' about that stash is that you need to interact with the stone face to open up the door the container is behind, that's all.

xosmi.gif

You mean the secret door in the room with the gems-for eyes face, near the ooze monsters, right ?

There's no 'hidden' loot there, only the container that you can only get at once the door is open, which will show up just fine even if you're not in stealth mode.

The only thing 'secret' about that stash is that you need to interact with the stone face to open up the door the container is behind, that's all.

After the secret door opens and normal stash there looted, I go in scouting and discover something which is no where to be found. 

How do you know you 'discover' something? 

There isn't anything there after the ooze and the ordinary loot sack.

How do you know you 'discover' something? 

There isn't anything there after the ooze and the ordinary loot sack.

If you go into scout mode you "discover" the secret door, I believe. The sound will play, an alert will pop up in your log but nothing will be highlighted.

• 10 months later...