State of the game/1.05 patch hopes

No scaling problems here either: 2560x1600 monitor.  Text is perfectly crisp and plenty big enough to read.  Running the Linux version, not sure if that matters to how text is rendered.

Are you saying you truly don't have the bug described here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71809-ui-scaling-blurry-font/ ? This thread is the first time I've come across anyone playing above 1920x1080 who said they don't have it. By the way, the text is certainly plenty big enough to read. From orbit. The issue is that it's been egregiously upscaled when it should have been left alone or - at worst - re-rendered at the absurdly large size that it ends up at rather than being rescaled. Even setting UI scale to minimum and sitting well back, there's no getting around the fact that it's atrociously blurred as an artifact of the scaling.

It's possible that the Linux version of Unity might handle scaling differently, so I might install Linux and try it out, because when I say the game is unplayable for me, I'm not exaggerating. I've played in a 1920x1080 window for a while to work around the problem, but it's too frustrating so I gave up.

This thread also describes it: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68289-v278-ui-issues-when-running-resolutions-above-1080p/ but it also covers some 3d rendering problems that were fixed, leaving only the UI to have this problem. I had a couple of screenshots attached to my post, but they don't seem to show any more for me, and I no longer have them to re-upload.

I'm not really happy with game balance, but the game is perfectly playable. I have ran into bugs, and reported them, but honestly it was nothing even close to game breaking. I simply report them because I think it might help, not because it's crucial that they get fixed. 

Go ahead and play it till the end :)

Well... I kept having to stop my playthroughs (Some issues get fixed in one patch but then new issues arise) because of items/skills/abilities screwing up the stats on my characters. So I'm personally waiting until they put in at least one more patch before I try again. So I hopefully won't have to play while keeping a mental list of the items that don't work. 

Yeah I started to play and then had to stop because of too many bugs. I am hoping that 1.0.5 will be the version I can finally start over and play for real with minimal issues.

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

I've played since release and never really noticed any bugs. Might be that I got slightly influenced by some of the stat bugs but I didn't really notice(they are now fixed anyway).
Mind you though, I'm not devoting too much time in gaming any more and when I do, I play to have fun, I don't really have the time to check if for example the Dexterity of someone increased by 1 at some random point and I missed it. Or even if I do check that, I don't really care that much.

I'm hoping that 1.05 comes with sweeping changes to the game balance. Namely reducing XP gains and making encounters more challenging in the second half. The reported reverse difficulty curve is what's stopping me from playing right now.

I'm hoping that 1.05 comes with sweeping changes to the game balance. Namely reducing XP gains and making encounters more challenging in the second half. The reported reverse difficulty curve is what's stopping me from playing right now.

If they do not reduce xp gains by 1.05 you can always use the latest IE mod which gives you the option to increase how much xp is needed for each level by 25%, 50% or more.

That is my plan if they do not adjust xp by 1.05.

If you're planning to do more than one playthrough then there is little reason to wait. It's quite playable now, so you can satisfy your initial urge, then wait for a future well-patched release for the follow-on.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

The game is basically unplayable at resolutions over 1920x1080 because of the UI scaling problems that Obsidian haven't even acknowledged.

I'm playing @ 2560x1600 with no issues at all. What problems are you referring to?

The game is basically unplayable at resolutions over 1920x1080 because of the UI scaling problems that Obsidian haven't even acknowledged.

wat

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'm playing @ 2560x1600 with no issues at all. What problems are you referring to?

Look at the links I posted.

No scaling problems here either: 2560x1600 monitor.  Text is perfectly crisp and plenty big enough to read.  Running the Linux version, not sure if that matters to how text is rendered.

Are you saying you truly don't have the bug described here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71809-ui-scaling-blurry-font/ ?

Hi Waywocket - I just looked as closely as I can, and maybe I actually do have it.  I think maybe I didn't notice at first due to the distance I sit from the monitor.

It's always hard to use screenshots to show what it looks like because jpeg artifacting can also make things look fuzzy :-/.

Found one serious bug so far (something with companion dying and loot disapearing), but discovered a work around.

Hoping mainly for a feature that prevents the story companions from auto leveling up and instead allows you to manually level them up from lvl 1 on recruitment and whenever they get enough xp while not in your party they don't auto level-up either.

In return their could be a button added in the leveling screen for recommended that is based on predetermined path. 

Right now i have this feeling I need to rush for the companions which is a terrible aspect for this type of game. 

Edited by Taelon

Right now i have this feeling I need to rush for the companions which is a terrible aspect of this type of game. 

I have to say I enjoyed that part in BG2 a lot. It creates a nifty little meta-game on your consecutive playthroughs.

So far, I managed to pick up all characters on level 2 and level 3, except for Pallegina. But I'm pretty sure you CAN get Pallegina on level 3 if you try really hard.

the current bugs with abilities/stats are what bother me most and why i am also waiting until the 1.05 miracle patch

I hope too they're going to fix broken abilities/talents with the next patch. Some Paladins and Rogue's abilities are still bugged (e.g. Zealous Focus and Escape talent).

In about 90 hours I only found one bug I would consider significant, and it was fixed in the first patch.  I did have the issue with save/load times taking longer and longer, but that seems to have been fixed in the second patch.  I can't remember finding any issues in the ~15 hours I've spent with the latest version