Accessories stat bonus don't apply correctly to some characters, and don't have the proper look in game.

BirdieNumNum

Question

In my current game,it seems like there's a whole mess regarding equipment bonuses. For example the Night-runner armor "+2 stealth" bonus don't fully apply on my main character (just+1), or the bonus stays even when the armor is taken off with Eder. So far, i noticed that a lot of hats, bracers, amulets... share the same problems. Most of the time, the buff isn't considered. I tried with several types of objects on all characters, and results may vary from one to another.

In addition, there's an issue concerning hats specifically. The way it looks is always irrelevant (e.g. a mail coif that looks like a hood). Once again, it only appears with magic/special helmets, the regular ones look properly.

Note: I'm writing this after the release of patch 1.04. I don't know if the problem existed before.

(thanks for reading, i'm sorry for my english)

Edited by BirdieNumNum

4 answers to this question

The items equipped share the same kind of bonus?

Because the bonuses don't stack. Only the highest is applied, the others are suppressed.
You can see all the suppressed bonuses scrolling down in your character sheet.

• Like 2

I've come to burn your kingdom down

You know what ? I think you're right... I feel so stupid for forgetting about this. I thought I had checked this possibility, but no. Thanks a lot for clearing my mind, I kept searching what it was.

Still, the hat-appearance problem remains. I wonder if a lot a players have the same issue...

Still, the hat-appearance problem remains. I wonder if a lot a players have the same issue...

I expect that all of them do, as I believe it is an item design issue, whereby some items were given icons whose appearance doesn't match the appearance of the items as they appear on a character.  It is annoying, but only cosmetic so I don't expect it to be addressed soon.

• Like 1

Actually 1.3 did add a bunch of unique icons for unique weapons that didn't have one, and I believe the devs are working on the remaining missing icons for other item categories (Brandon said in an update that most unique items would eventually get unique icons.)

Keeping my hopes up for 1.5 (Darren also confirmed new effects are coming, such as for Petrified, etc.) :)

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus