Another one: i'm far from the endgame yet, but heard you could max your level way too early. I did 3 bounties in a row yesterday in difficult mode (Sly Cirdel, Iklak and the lurker), and with codex entries and xp reward for the quests done, i managed to complete nearly one whole level with my 6 party members (6 to 7 i guess)... Isn't it too much?

Edited by Abel

Another one: i'm far from the endgame yet, but heard you could max your level way too early. I did 3 bounties in a row yesterday in difficult mode (Sly Cirdel, Iklak and the lurker), and with codex entries and xp reward for the quests done, i managed to complete nearly one whole level with my 6 party members (6 to 7 i guess)... Isn't it too much?

Yeah, bounty XP rewards are probably too generous. I'm close to the end (I think) and have hit the level cap already. Actually hit it just as I arrived at Twin Elms. So yeah, you definitely can (and I think most do) hit it before end game. And if you're a bit of a completionist (and by this I mean you just like to clean up any tasks/quests you collect while exploring the game world), then you'll hit the cap quite a bit before the end.

I like the characters having their own "growth plans", it gives them an "untouched" behavior. If you leave them alone, and they grow on their own, but taking them as fast as possible, allows you some control of their growth.

I think it makes sense.

But from a gameplay perspective and from a Player perspective I get what you're saying in this thread.

I still appreciate the former more than the latter. But... then again, we do encounter the companions at different parts in the game, where we will be at different or various levels.

- Only Aloth, Eder, Durance, and Kana Rua are in the range of being picked up at or around Level 2 (at the very least).

- Hiravias, Pallegina, Sagani and Grieving Mother at Level 3 (although, then you're really going to be going straight for them, and pick up as little experience as possible).

There's also the argument that you have Adventurers to hire, that you can control as you please.

To me, it's not a matter of control, really. It just feels unnatural that whichever level you are in your current playthrough, they will always have the same amount of experience points than you when you meet them. It's like a form of world level scaling. And i hate level scaling because i feel it's unnatural and way to "appropriate". To me Durance should be defined by his proper caracteriscs, not be adapted to those of the PC.

A suggestion I would like to see implemented is double speed also usable in combat. I'm currently trying to solo PotD with a more tanky Paladin (able to take a lot of punishment, but dishing it out takes time) and some of my battles on normal speed can take around 10 minutes to resolve when all I'm looking at is my pally slapping the other guy around and occasionally healing. I really can't see any reason they didn't have this in in the first instance.

But yeah, I think maybe removing in auto-leveling is a good idea. In my non-solo playthrough I got to Pallegina much sooner than I would have done naturally just so she didn't learn Field Triage.