[1.04] Quest - A Two Story Job / Locked out of Doemenels Completely

Luckmann

Question

Alright, so, this is a really ****ty seat to be in. Since this is fairly involved, I'll just go through my process and how I ended up in this situation.

First, I went to Ondra's Gift and did the quest At All Costs. At the end of which a woman from the Doemenels show up. At this point, I sided with the Doemenels, because Mestre Verzano had attempted to trick me into delivering illegal goods. This was not because I mind delivering illegal goods, but because he put me in danger without informing me.

At this point, the female Doemenel, who I do not believe I have seen since, tells me to seek out Abrecan Doemenel. I did not do so immediately.

At a later point, while exploring Copperlane, I stumble upon a thieves hideout. They were planning a break-in, and attack me for interrupting their preparations. I kill them, and I pick up their plans, pertaining to the theft of the Heart of White March, involving Lord Reymont and someone called "AD". I want to stress that at this point, I actually have no clue who AD is, I did not remember that the head of the Doemenels is even called Abrecan.

This starts the quest A Two Story Job. I head over to Lord Reymont's estate much later, when I happen upon it, I go inside, and I inform him of the plot, since I have no clue what the Heart of White March even is, and none of this actually concerns me.

I suddenly get.. worse reputation with the Doemenels? Alright, fair enough, I guess, it's the price you pay for roleplaying, apparently I stumbled and bumbled my way into something bigger than I thought. Fine. Quest is at this point considered over.

I however like the idea of having that bauble, whatever it is, so I break into the second story of Lord Reymont's estate and steal the Heart of White March, because that's how I roll. I may be overall honest and non-deceptive, but I'm not exactly the most lawful guy around.

At this point, I decide to report to the Doemenels. After all, I have a reference, right? Oh, and also, I helped Medreth in Dyrford Village, that has to count, right?

I talk to Abrecan Doemenel and.. nothing? He has nothing to do for me. He doesn't chew me out, or references a botched plan, or asks me to fix it. He mentions having troubles with his neighbour, Lord Reymont, but he actually doesn't give me any quest, tell me anything about the Heart of White March, wanting it, planning to get it, or anything, nothing. It's just full stop, no way to progress.

I do the Task Hard Feelings for Bricanta Doemenel just fine, and can access their store. It changed nothing.

At this point I shut the game down in disgust.

t50aJUd.jpg

4 answers to this question

This isn't the only situation in the game where you can pick an innocent-sounding dialog option that can foil your progress on a quest.  Of course, having this particular result is especially damaging, since it also blocks your ability to gain the support of the Doemenels.

If you're determined to fix the problem then reloading a save from before you spoke to Reymont would be the obvious solution (if such a save exists).

Otherwise, you could just chalk it up to differences between you and the Doemenels (such things do happen, like-minded folks ending up at odds over a business decision) and then side with one of the alternative factions.

This isn't the only situation in the game where you can pick an innocent-sounding dialog option that can foil your progress on a quest.  Of course, having this particular result is especially damaging, since it also blocks your ability to gain the support of the Doemenels.

If you're determined to fix the problem then reloading a save from before you spoke to Reymont would be the obvious solution (if such a save exists).

Otherwise, you could just chalk it up to differences between you and the Doemenels (such things do happen, like-minded folks ending up at odds over a business decision) and then side with one of the alternative factions.

I have a lot of saves, but the fact that you can't name saves makes it hard, but a bigger problem is really that the situations are well apart. I wouldn't mind if the game actually chalked it up to differences between me and the Doemenels.. but it actually doesn't explain it at all, which is what really pisses me off. If Doemenel just called me an idiot and said that I ruined his plans, even by accident, I'd actually be feeling much better.

But as it is now, this is really the lowest point in the game as far as I've noticed. It's like they didn't playtest or iterate some of the quests at all.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

I got burned by this quest as well. As I worked through Copperlane I got this quest and decided to be a nice guy and inform Reymont. I didn't expect to be completely locked out of the Doemenels. After some research to find out why I reloaded a previous save (we really need named saves) and will do this quest much differently.

• Like 1