How does fatigue happen?

Passage of time, also during fights the rate of acquiring fatigue is increased (not sure by what rate though).

The higher a characters athletics is, the slower they will get fatigued.

I find that characters with 0 athletics hardly last for 3-4 fights before getting fatigued, while characters with 3 athletics can clear out an entire map, or even 2 if there's not too many enemies around.

• Like 1

xosmi.gif

I'd be really nice if we could see current fatigue levels on the character sheet before hitting the threshold of stat-modifiers being applied.  I've had a few situations where I've passed by an inn and wondered if it would be a good idea to stop for a nap or not. 

If you have 7+ Athletics they all become Engergizer bunnies. Eventually they'll still complain about wanting to make camp, but it takes a long long time. I'd travel to a map that took over a day to travel, go fight some stuff, then travel back and they still weren't tired.

It would be nice to know what the actual initial rate of Fatigue gain was.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I would have preferred it if the rates stayed the same outside of combat, and the athletics skill only lowered fatigue gain in combat. Would have simply made more sense in my opinion and gone a long way to increase immersion. No matter how fit you are, you're not gonna go two days straight without sleep and be any good in a fight.

I would have preferred it if the rates stayed the same outside of combat, and the athletics skill only lowered fatigue gain in combat. Would have simply made more sense in my opinion and gone a long way to increase immersion. No matter how fit you are, you're not gonna go two days straight without sleep and be any good in a fight.

Shhh, high-atlethics characters just secretly gain caffeine IV-drips, don't tell anyone  :rolleyes:

xosmi.gif

I remember that my fighter was tired before others, and he got good athletic. He was the only one in front, dodging and tanking all ennemies. So I guess that when you get hit, you are tired more quickly. But I'm not sure, just a feeling.

(Notice that he attacked -and ran- more too, because he was using a long sword, and others were using very slow arbalests.)

Edited by chouia