This thread about upcoming Ukrainian cool game "We are Jews Dwarves".

WZxPzg7RhEo.jpg

"We Are The Dwarves is brimming with potential and I haven’t even mentioned that one of the dwarves may well be an owl disguised as a dwarf. Do take a look."
- Adam Smith, ROCK, PAPER, SHOTGUN
"And let’s face it, who doesn’t like Dwarves?."
- Amario Andre, Gamer Headlines
"I am always on the lookout for new and interesting games being developed for the PC, and I think We Are the Dwarves may fit that bill."
- Cyber, Death by Beta
"In our opinion " We are Dwarves " is looking to be a fantastic fantasy game, with a gorgeous story driven experience that will please most gamers alike. Besides, who needs wizards and warriors when you've got three awesome astronaut dwarves!"
- Neil, Indie Retro News
"You had me at concept art….. Check out these brilliant looking art works from the upcoming PC/Mac title We are the Dwarves from the Kiev-based game studio Whale Rock Games."
- Jason Lee, Nine Over Ten
"У нас можно будет грабить караваны! :)."
- Alice Gurska, Kitchen Riots

s0JKqpk3w4Y.jpg

hxvOgkUTLSc.jpg

2rx9Kw2KR8Y.jpg

XfZGqT8KLjA.jpg

9958cd4b-965b-441a-8375-e9e41cf5c674.gif

ff18d6b7-2c90-4a65-a277-cbe1b53dec5d.gif

008c07ac-f789-4e33-b763-92a931364d05.gif

tumblr_inline_ni44tj8sqy1t90epe.gif

http://youtu.be/SDEOnpDXiCw

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whalestudio/we-are-the-dwarves

https://www.facebook.com/wearethedwarves

https://vk.com/wearethedwarves

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=279855788

• Like 2

Well one can certainly state that the art design is nice and original, and the world looks different from the usual RPG, however i'm personally not too sure about a game set entirely (it seems) underground. The first part of Rune began in such a manner and it always felt a little...claustophobic?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Ukrainians make better games than Russians.

Yeah that's been proven time and time again and I'm sure Oby will recognize this  :yes:

The game looks very cool, I like the artwork. I'll support this game on KS 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I dunno, 1C's stuff is pretty good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whalestudio/we-are-the-dwarves

I see the KS was cancelled ages ago....but the game is still Steam Greenlit so that should be fine..I assume its legitimate ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well one can certainly state that the art design is nice and original, and the world looks different from the usual RPG, however i'm personally not too sure about a game set entirely (it seems) underground. The first part of Rune began in such a manner and it always felt a little...claustophobic?

Rune, and Arx Fatalis both were mostly underground, and both superb.  Though I always did want to find the way out ~even in Eye of the Beholder.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

Rune, and Arx Fatalis both were mostly underground, and both superb.  Though I always did want to find the way out ~even in Eye of the Beholder.

Man, Arx Fatalis is one game that could really have benefited from touchscreens.  The magic system was super clumsy with a mouse, but on a touchscreen it would have been awesome.  If only that game had been made a decade later.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Legend of Grimrock and Ultima Underworld as well.

Practically there is also very little difference with being set underground or in any enclosed space- to most practical purposes games like System Shock could be counted as well. Mostly they use the somewhat claustrophobic feeling as an asset to add to the atmosphere.

Legend of Grimrock and Ultima Underworld as well.

Practically there is also very little difference with being set underground or in any enclosed space- to most practical purposes games like System Shock could be counted as well. Mostly they use the somewhat claustrophobic feeling as an asset to add to the atmosphere.

It's interesting that Eye of the Beholder and Grimrock both got sequels that started out in the open air. Later the team that made EoB2, did Throne of Chaos, and that had quite a bit of open air adventuring.

Man, Arx Fatalis is one game that could really have benefited from touchscreens. The magic system was super clumsy with a mouse, but on a touchscreen it would have been awesome. If only that game had been made a decade later.

I'd have liked for "Die By The Sword" to have been made after the Wii; (or for the Wii to have been made in 1997). DBTS had the potential to shame every other sword fighting RPG of the day... and did so with software 3D, and [sadly] mouse or keyboard control.

This is how DBTS plays using a Wii controller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D8Jfr-sIpM

Edited by Gizmo

Yes I never felt that shut in feeling with the Underworlds, even though in both I literally was, strange.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Being underground was part of the charm of Rogue and its likes. But I'm an old Nethack fan, so I'm probably biased. Being a claustrophobic dwarf would probably suck though.

In a bird with vertigo kind of way :p

But then evolution came up with the ostrich.

Just rambling.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein