Does the adventuring action work properly?

Twinsen

Question

Does the adventuring action work properly in the player stronghold? Yesterday I received that option and since I had some minor exploring to do before the next big step in the storyline I removed Kana from my party and sent him adventuring. The whole mission supposed to last 9 turns but it dragged on for weeks. Literary for weeks!!! I built all the major walls of the player stronghold during that time. In the end I just went to my quarters and slept and slept and slept to see if Kana's mission will ever end. It did not. I had to reload and replay two entire maps because of it. And possibly I will have to replay them for a third time too because I was annoyed and rushed the conversations. :(

This makes me really annoyed. I suspect a bug of some kind.

Any ideas what could be wrong? As I wrote at least two game weeks passed while I was waiting Kana's return.

2 answers to this question

I thought stronghold 'turns' are tied to completing quests rather than the actual in-game time. Not sure how that works out in terms of turns per quest though. Does that make sense as a game mechanic? No, not really. But I don't believe what you're describing is a bug.

I could be wrong.  /shrug Someone wise than me will confirm or deny, I'm sure.

I thought stronghold 'turns' are tied to completing quests rather than the actual in-game time. Not sure how that works out in terms of turns per quest though. Does that make sense as a game mechanic? No, not really. But I don't believe what you're describing is a bug.

I could be wrong.  /shrug Someone wise than me will confirm or deny, I'm sure.

I doubt that's the case because 9 missions would be a lot. The game also sends some insanely strong hordes against me sometimes during stronghold encounters and I play on easy. These massive hordes can defeat me even if I have 8 hired aids!!! :o And I was able to defeat the first two bounty challenges without serious problem so my party is not completely useless.