Well, it's pretty bvious who the villain of PoE 2 will be (spoilers naturally)

PoE 2 most assuredly will not be a prequel. It will be more sequely than the expansions.

Based on...?

But let me add one more guess:

• Sequel set 50 years after the events of PoE in Steampunk-inspired Vailian Republics. Sold on Kickstarter as being somewhat of a spiritual sequel to Arcanum.
  • Like 3

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Guest FlorianGh

PoE 2 most assuredly will not be a prequel. It will be more sequely than the expansions.

Based on...?

But let me add one more guess:

• Sequel set 50 years after the events of PoE in Steampunk-inspired Vailian Republics. Sold on Kickstarter as being somewhat of a spiritual sequel to Arcanum.

Yes please! I want a spiritual sequel to Arcanum now!!!!! :)

*Aloth walks inside Leaden Key's HQ*

Aloth: "I'm your new leader."

Leaden Key people: "Wut? No. lel!"

more like:

*random hobo puts on Woedica mask, and walks inside Leaden Key's HQ*

Hobo: "I'm your new leader."

Leaden Key people: "Since you're wearing a Woedica mask, it must be true. All hail our new leader!"

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

*Aloth walks inside Leaden Key's HQ*

Aloth: "I'm your new leader."

Leaden Key people: "Wut? No. lel!"

more like:

*random hobo puts on Woedica mask, and walks inside Leaden Key's HQ*

Hobo: "I'm your new leader."

Leaden Key people: "Since you're wearing a Woedica mask, it must be true. All hail our new leader!"

It might work!

Since Aloth didn't burn Thaos' robes, unlike  his other ending, he might pull it off. The Leaden Key bastards might think Aloth bested Thaos and acquired his robes and mask. lol 

Edited by Veynn
  • Like 1

My bet:

1. Another Engwithan

2. Another Watcher (lol Bhaalspawn)

3. An Assassin Avatar sent by Woedica

possible

4. An Adra-based monster

nah.

5. Return of Waidwen

This one could actually be pretty interesting.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Well.. theys crewed the pooch since they basically tell you the character's futures at the end of the game so it doesn't make sense for them to have the same companions which is hugely dissapointing.

I agree that telling you the Companions' futures does seem to make it a lot more difficult to include them in a sequel.  Of course, as I said before, I'm not that attached to them, and wouldn't mind a completely new set of companions.  It'd be something different from BG2, for example.

I suppose Woedica is the next villain, maybe in the first part of the expansion?

Nah. Woedica is a god. I think killing a god in the first part of a two part expansion is bad storytelling/design.

Well "god" at least :p But I think it could be the next villain! But maybe for a longer storyarc than just 1st part...

I suppose Woedica is the next villain, maybe in the first part of the expansion?

Nah. Woedica is a god. I think killing a god in the first part of a two part expansion is bad storytelling/design.
I also doubt that they're going to go the whole "god slayer" route, if only because it's require them to rethink a huge quantity of the lore. Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

In all honesty I don't see any of the companions appearing in future games other than as footnote mentions or maybe a cameo.  Most of them have clear cut and dry endings with no room for deviation.  My Eder is mayor of Dyrford, GM is camped at the birthing bell for no reason, Kana became a professor, none of them have any reason to be off adventuring with me in Eternity 2.  Maybe Durance can pop up again... and maybe Aloth.  That's about it.

I would like to see the next game take place in Readceras myself and deal with Eothas returning.... or is that really him?  Dun dun dun and all that.

• Like 1

In all honesty I don't see any of the companions appearing in future games other than as footnote mentions or maybe a cameo.  Most of them have clear cut and dry endings with no room for deviation.  My Eder is mayor of Dyrford, GM is camped at the birthing bell for no reason, Kana became a professor, none of them have any reason to be off adventuring with me in Eternity 2.  Maybe Durance can pop up again... and maybe Aloth.  That's about it.

I would like to see the next game take place in Readceras myself and deal with Eothas returning.... or is that really him?  Dun dun dun and all that.

High Priest Durance 2825. #sainthood #DURANCE2825 #allhisstaffs #occupygodhammer

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

New Enemy

Fulvano.

He founds out that you have his items. He wants it back.

Uh yeah he is dead.  Whose corpse do you think that was in Anslog's Pass?

Raedric could be the villain again considering the ending I got :p.

Well fighting Raedric's undead form was imo considerably more difficult than fighting the final boss, so in a way he was already the 'true' villain of this game... ;)

• Like 1

New Enemy

Fulvano.

He founds out that you have his items. He wants it back.

Uh yeah he is dead.  Whose corpse do you think that was in Anslog's Pass?

Plot Twist. He's not dead. :p

The Return of Fulvano. bwahahaha

Edited by Veynn

• 2 years later...

My bet:

1. Another Engwithan

2. Another Watcher (lol Bhaalspawn)

3. An Assassin Avatar sent by Woedica

4. An Adra-based monster

5. Return of Waidwen

So funny story, thanks to random google nonsense I found this thread again.  it is really hilarious to see how close some of these suppositions turned out to be.  I would have thought "return of Waidwen (eothas)" was a strong maybe.  But never would have guessed option 4 "adra monster (giant freaking adra statue)" and Return of Waidwen would get combined.

Also I turned out to be wrong about returning companions, except for Aloth, I did predict he may show back up.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

Reading all those guesses now in 2017 makes me chuckle so.

I considered the Waidwen/Eothas comeback from the start. Him disappearing was just too much of a trope to leave it unanswered.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Given his dual personality, it's not hard to imagine him going off the deep end regardless of what his ending was, but, because it is relatively weak (his personality), I don't think he'd make a very memorable antagonist.

Wadda you mean! Islemeyr would make a fantastic antagonist. And I'm pretty sure she could count on Eder's support.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Well fighting Raedric's undead form was imo considerably more difficult than fighting the final boss, so in a way he was already the 'true' villain of this game... ;)

Not in level-scaled PotD, or PotD in general.  Thaos has some murderous flames.

• Like 1