Well, it's pretty bvious who the villain of PoE 2 will be (spoilers naturally)

I'm hoping for a sequel in the Vailian Republics. It can't be in the Dyrwood because they'd have to choose a canon ending. But if it is in another place, they can have npcs commenting on what happened there.

I want a sequel set in the Mystical Land of Frolicking Naked Nymphs Ixamitl.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I'm hoping for a sequel in the Vailian Republics. It can't be in the Dyrwood because they'd have to choose a canon ending. But if it is in another place, they can have npcs commenting on what happened there.

I think they will go to Eastern Reach countries. I guess Republics or Readceras or White March (but it isn't country anymore).

I think they will go to Eastern Reach countries. I guess Republics or Readceras or White March (but it isn't country anymore).

Canon ending? Don't think so. All endings have the same effect - stopping the Hollowborn crisis. It doesn't matter if it was Hylea, Berath, Galawain and so on from future perspective.

I don't know about the Valian Republics, but the idea of setting a sequel elsewhere sounds good to me.  In fact, depending on how ambitious they were, why not 2 or 3 different areas?

Also, while the NPC's in PoE weren't bad, I'm not exceedingly attached to them, plus the fact that the ending made it appear that they each went on with their own lives after the events of PoE.  So why not just go with a totally new set of companion NPCs in a sequel?  The advantage of this, to reference Luckmann's concern, is that the writers don't have to make any assumptions about who your PC's closest companions were in the first PoE.  New adventure, new area(s), new companions.

For an expansion, I could see the devs putting its new map areas in the NE of the existing Dyrwood map, because if you take a look, it's rather obviously empty.

Title says PoE 2, not PoE expansion, so it could be either. I myself doubt that there will be a huge increase in level cap like BG2. I guess level 20 tops.

As for the villain: Aloth can't be it. OE clearly stated that they want you to continue where you left off and that makes it impossible for Aloth to be the villain for various reasons.

Source.

Source for what? The statement to continue where you left off? It has been said numerous times. It's probably there somewhere in the Announcements section, also read and saw it in various interviews. IIRC Josh himself said that. As for the other stuff: common sense and my own speculation.

I don't know about the Valian Republics, but the idea of setting a sequel elsewhere sounds good to me.  In fact, depending on how ambitious they were, why not 2 or 3 different areas?

Also, while the NPC's in PoE weren't bad, I'm not exceedingly attached to them, plus the fact that the ending made it appear that they each went on with their own lives after the events of PoE.  So why not just go with a totally new set of companion NPCs in a sequel?  The advantage of this, to reference Luckmann's concern, is that the writers don't have to make any assumptions about who your PC's closest companions were in the first PoE.  New adventure, new area(s), new companions.

For an expansion, I could see the devs putting its new map areas in the NE of the existing Dyrwood map, because if you take a look, it's rather obviously empty.

White March then for XP? Or Eir Glanfath.

Title says PoE 2, not PoE expansion, so it could be either. I myself doubt that there will be a huge increase in level cap like BG2. I guess level 20 tops.

As for the villain: Aloth can't be it. OE clearly stated that they want you to continue where you left off and that makes it impossible for Aloth to be the villain for various reasons.

Source.

Source for what? The statement to continue where you left off? It has been said numerous times. It's probably there somewhere in the Announcements section, also read and saw it in various interviews. IIRC Josh himself said that. As for the other stuff: common sense and my own speculation.

Still not going to take your word for it. Source.

White March then for XP? Or Eir Glanfath.

Both, hopefully. White March sounds great, and Durgan's Battery sounds like it could be a really nice hub/mega-dungeon/durlag's tower-kinda thing. I'm not sure I want another mega-dungeon, but the potential is great. And that huge swath of forest that is Eír Glanfath is just begging to be explored, and could very easily be tied to both companions and the main story.

My top hopes are still for core game and story improvements, added quests and wilderness areas, and expansions of the cities, as well as new, well-integrated CNPC:s.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

@Luckman

Eternity's potential as a series has never been a secret: future games were mentioned as far back as the original Kickstarter campaign. It's why you'll only level to 12 in this first game, and not beyond. "We view this as the start of a series of games," said Sawyer, "and we'd like you to continue playing your character, so we don't want to do a full, crazy range of character levels."

Whether you'll be able to take your party of six with you, or your upgradable Stronghold, or have all your decisions affect the new adventure, remains to be seen. "We'd like to carry over as much of that as we can," he added.
  • Like 1

Well.. theys crewed the pooch since they basically tell you the character's futures at the end of the game so it doesn't make sense for them to have the same companions which is hugely dissapointing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What about this

An animancer and powerful cipher who has learned the truth, makes preparations to turn his/herself into a god. They developed a power where they can rip the soul from your body with a wave of their hand. The player encounters the cipher and the power doesn't work on them. So the Leaden key finds out, and contacts you and they recruit you to assassinate the mad cipher.

I think that would have an interesting use of dramatic irony and would allow you to see another side of the leaden key.

Edited by Dadalama

It's good to criticize things you love.

Why the hell would I side with the Leaden Key? I would just kill them and deal with the animancer and cipher myself. The Leaden Key aree vil and cannot be trusted. Don't pull a BIO/ME2.

• Like 2

Why the hell would I side with the Leaden Key? I would just kill them and deal with the animancer and cipher myself. The Leaden Key aree vil and cannot be trusted. Don't pull a BIO/ME2.

your character wouldn't know that...

Yeah, he/she would. The Leaden Key were exposed for the scumbag evil pieces of crap they are in PE1. So, even if we use a difference charactr (though Obsidian's idea is to use same character) they would still know.

\Now, if you are role-playing an evil piece of crap, by all means, side with the scumbag evil group. :)

Okay, when the next game comes up that doesn't use the watcher as a main character. It would also make sense to have it happen at the same time as this game because that way Thaos' hands would be tied.

Edited by Dadalama

That would require Aloth adventuring with the Watcher and not being sacrificed to the Blood Pool of Skaen to be canon.

Can you actually do that? Sacrifice a party member to the blood pool in game?

Well, canon is what the writers say it is. If it's a direct sequel, then it will probably be assumed that you recruited all party members and that they survived.

God, please no. It utterly destroys the feeling of telling my own story. If you're not going to take my decisions into account, don't pretend like they matter, don't give me ending slides you're going to ignore. BG2's beginning made no sense to me whatsoever because Khalid died long before and I never traveled with Minsc. I hope Obsidian doesn't go this way and imports our decisions from the first game - or if not, then simply doesn't show people with uncertain fate.

This is part of why I'd like PoE2 to be stand-alone. I really, really hated BG2 for just assuming that Minsc, Jaheira and Imoen were in my core group, and that I had even met Viconia (Who was extremely easy to miss, as opposed to, say, Xan, or Kivan, or practically anyone else) and others.

I never even *liked* Minsc, Jaheira, or Khalid.

I really liked BG2, make no mistake, but stuff like that is part of why I still put the storyline and storytelling well below Baldur's Gate.

I agree.  I'd rather them have a game in the same world but only tangentially connected to the first game.  Unless they can manage to accommodate every possible result of the first game, which seems highly unlikely.

I don't think we are going to see most of the Companions again (the endings for most will preclude that).

Suicide Durance, for example. Going to be hard to "undo" that!

Of course...Mort-Durance is now possible!

Edited by WebShaman

@Luckman

Eternity's potential as a series has never been a secret: future games were mentioned as far back as the original Kickstarter campaign. It's why you'll only level to 12 in this first game, and not beyond. "We view this as the start of a series of games," said Sawyer, "and we'd like you to continue playing your character, so we don't want to do a full, crazy range of character levels."

Whether you'll be able to take your party of six with you, or your upgradable Stronghold, or have all your decisions affect the new adventure, remains to be seen. "We'd like to carry over as much of that as we can," he added.

So it looks like we're gonna be able to import our character then.

I'm thinking the'll create expansions that will reach up to level 15-16. Then a sequel + expansion up to level 30.

"Suicide Durance, for example. Going to be hard to "undo" that!"

Durance didn't kill himself for me. That said, I doubt they are using the companions again. Or even the same area. The end slides  disallow that.

Speaking of Aloth...Why can't we choose to lock him in the dungeon after he confessed to be a Leaden Key agent? Surely that's safer than kicking him out and setting him loose upon the world, considering by now he would know quite a bit about you and he's easily influenced by others and somewhat emotionally unstable.

• Like 1

Speaking of Aloth...Why can't we choose to lock him in the dungeon after he confessed to be a Leaden Key agent? Surely that's safer than kicking him out and setting him loose upon the world, considering by now he would know quite a bit about you and he's easily influenced by others and somewhat emotionally unstable.

I wanted to jail Aloth too when he confessed lol. I'd strip him of all his items and create a new mercenary wizard.

They can make a sequel in the Vailian Republics (for example) and mention some of what happened in the first game. It wouldn't be difficult to acomodate all endings.

I wanted to lock Durance and Grieving Mother in the sanitarium, but my character wouldn't let me. Just like when she left the Leaden Key meeting without killing them. I thought "they will cause trouble, the mercenaries will remember the Hylea Godlike, they are evil! Kill them all!" But no, she said they might not be aware of what their organization was really doing. :facepalm::banghead:

Well, at least she wouldn't ever side with them.

sign.jpg

My bets for PoE 2:

• Prequel set during the time of St. Waidwen
  • Prequel set during the time Woedica was burned by Magran
  • Prequel set during Engwithan times, maybe immediately before or after the creation of the gods
  • Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"