Newbie here.  How does the grimoire work?  When the grimoire is equipped by the Wizard how do I direct which spell t want the character to use from the quick slot since I can't drag/drop any spell into any of the 4 quick item slots from the right page of the grimoire?  Will someone give me a clue?

The  thing about political Power is that, like everything else, it's an illusion and often confused with Authority whereas authority is static; passive and defensive as it is given by power and can be taken away;  Power is taken,  fluid,  willful and offensive, and cannot be taken, only replaced. 

Everything is One...You.  You are so much greater than the outline of Your body. -Allen C. Norde`

The way it works is that you have a Grimoire equipped on your character.  You can also have a Grimoire with different spells selected in a quickslot.  You cast spells from your toolbar by clicking on the roman numerals associated with the spells.  You can click on the quickslotted Grimoire to switch and then, after a brief cooldown period, cast the new spells up to your overall limit at that time.  You can edit your grimoire either by clicking the button on your toolbar or simply by right clicking the grimoire in your inventory.  I hope this helps.

EDIT:  You can't switch spells in and out during combat, so it might be a good idea to set up one Grimoire with standard spells you use all the time and another one or two for specific encounters you might face from time to time.  If you set up the ultimate Grimoire of Fire, it's going to be a bitch when you face steep burn resistance.

post-787-0-70502900-1429594879_thumb.png

post-787-0-83869300-1429594898_thumb.png

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Newbie here.  How does the grimoire work?  When the grimoire is equipped by the Wizard how do I direct which spell t want the character to use from the quick slot since I can't drag/drop any spell into any of the 4 quick item slots from the right page of the grimoire?  Will someone give me a clue?

Are you asking how you choose which spells go in the grimoire?  Just click on a known spell on the left and it'll go into the prepared slots on the right.

^and click on one on the right to remove it to make room for a different one.

(can only have 4 prep'd spells per level - but can choose in combat which ones to cast (so can cast 2x fireball for example - you don't need to prepare 2 fireballs ahead of time - just have fireball in one right-hand slot))

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Thanks guys for the heads-up.  It's all clear now.  Stay strong.  :no:

The  thing about political Power is that, like everything else, it's an illusion and often confused with Authority whereas authority is static; passive and defensive as it is given by power and can be taken away;  Power is taken,  fluid,  willful and offensive, and cannot be taken, only replaced. 

Everything is One...You.  You are so much greater than the outline of Your body. -Allen C. Norde`