Whenever you complete a Quest or Task, a turn passes.

This is only ever explained in random loadscreen tidbits.

Hmm, so since income is tied to turns but expenses are tied to real-time, essentially you will want to minimize how much you rest/travel if you want to optimize use of the stronghold?

I read that the stronghold is a bit of a money-sink no matter how you handle it though.

It is a bit of a weird mechanic for sure.

-Stigma

• Like 1

Yep I agree. I personally don't hire hirelings and manual resolve every attack on my keep that way you actually "gain" money maintaining the keep.

Is that actually an option - to go back and defend your keep yourself every time it comes under attack? I haven't had invasions yet. I think I'd prefer to do them myself if that is a possibility - especially if that means saving money too.

EDIT: it is also very unclear to me what prestige actually does.... security I suppose lowers the risk of attacks, but all I know about prestige is vaguely that it "increases the chance of positive events". I'm not at all sure what that entails.

-Stigma

Edited by thestigma

Yeah, when there's going to be a keep attack you get a notification several days in advance and have the option to auto-resolve it or go back to the keep and defend it.

Prestige seems to increase the potential money you can get from taxes and allows you to get better guests. With low prestige, you'll get a lot of drunkards wandering in. With high prestige you'll see lords and war heroes which will boost your prestige further. None of that is particularly important, but if prestige has any impact on getting the rare items merchant to show up (hard to say, since I just did everything in the game and he never appeared once), it's worth increasing.

I just defended my keep and the scene transition left me in front with the lootable corpses sitting where they were left at the end of the combat.  Not sure if that's an anomaly or something but the bandits who attacked my keep had crappy loot anyway, so whatever.

Whenever you complete a Quest or Task, a turn passes.

This is only ever explained in random loadscreen tidbits.

Hmm, so since income is tied to turns but expenses are tied to real-time, essentially you will want to minimize how much you rest/travel if you want to optimize use of the stronghold?

I read that the stronghold is a bit of a money-sink no matter how you handle it though.

It is a bit of a weird mechanic for sure.

-Stigma

Yes, very odd. Both should have been based on in-game time-elapsed. However you could abuse that, I suppose, by leaving your game on and raking in gold, but un addressed random attacks would ruin the stronghold, I'd think?

Not clear to me why it was designed this way.

• Like 1