Gilded vale crash

Dantalion

Question

So, my pc is crap i am running on 32 bit windows with 2gb ram so i crashed alot before 1.04 now when i have to patch, i played straight for 4 hours smooth game without crash, so i was really really happy But then i went to gilded vale, and crash on loading.. tried again, crash on loading .. tried about 5 times restarting game pc everything, crash on loading .. only gilded vale... i cant basically get there, once it loaded then i wanted to enter one building.. crash, so... is it my trash pc or why i only crash in gilded vale?

{ btw before i was in gilded vale pretty much alot of time, and no crash then i completed Raedric quest line and this happened }

4 answers to this question

there is a windows setting (affects unity games like wasteland 2 & pillars of eternity)  that will most certainly make the game load successfully all maps (it worked for me)  but in 2GB of RAM game won't be very playable in the long run (lots of disk swapping) .. Won't tell you exactly what it is .. practice your google fu on this forum - it is been mentioned at least 5 times that I know of ..

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

If you have 2GB RAM or less, the /3GB modification should still work but instead of crashing, you will experience slower performance as more memory gets paged to disk (as noted by peddroelm). The setting affects the amount of virtual memory a process can use which is "real RAM" plus "pagefile on disk".

If you do encounter noticeably slower performance with PoE, consider a RAM upgrade as your first priority.