OMG YAY I GOT CANCER

Mungri

But what else other than cancer can be growing so big?

I do use my cell phone for web browsing constantly while I'm in bed, and its pretty much been held right above what was once a tiny flat mole for around a decade.

Cut it out yourself and store it in a jar.

I really want to just slice it off, but that would be bad. I have to wait for a dermatologist to anaesthise and shave it, then test, then remove the rest if its malignant, which it surely is.

My GP appointment is another 3 weeks away.

Glorious state sponsored 'health care'!

Nope, it was a non emergency medication review.

I have to call at 8 am to get an emergency appointment, but still you can always go to A&E for something that's literally gonna kill you.

Once I was coughing blood with severe chest pain and could barely breathe. Went straight to A&E and yay pneumonia in my left lung. It was so painful I couldn't even lie on my back.

IIRC there's two types of skin cancers and one is okayish (for whatever reason it never spreads in the body, so is always easy to cut out) the other being pretty darn bad (and I think its got two types).

Anyhow moles can also grow in size because of dead skin not being sloughed off, IIRC.

Not a doctor, and this isn't medical advice.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Shots fired!

I have to call at 8 am to get an emergency appointment, but still you can always go to A&E for something that's literally gonna kill you.

Once I was coughing blood with severe chest pain and could barely breathe. Went straight to A&E and yay pneumonia in my left lung. It was so painful I couldn't even lie on my back.

Shots miss!

• Like 3

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Have you seen a doctor yet ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shots fired!

Shots miss!

Not really.

On 29th april I will.

One of the most common and primary complaints against state sponsored health care is the sometimes ridiculously long waiting periods to see a physician. This is a common complaint in at least both the U.K. and Canada. And as I live within a couple hours of Canada and have friends and family working in medicine I'm aware of Canadians coming over the border for medical treatment.

In contrast, if I was in Mungri's shoes I could see someone within 24 hours, and depending on the time of day, very possibly within a few hours. And that's not considering emergency room care.

It of course depends on where in the U.S. you live if you're able to see someone this fast (years ago when I lived in Vegas they had a doctor shortage coupled with an aged population at the time so you might have to wait a few days for something like what Mungri's got (or longer if you just had a head cold (which you generally shouldn't bother going to the doctors for anyways, but people do)), but in general, this is how it is throughout much of the U.S..

If you want to see a specific doctor though, then you might have to wait, depending on that specific doctor's office policies and your status with them as a patient. All in all though, contrary to popular myth, healthcare is generally far more accessible in the U.S. than in most if not all state sponsored health care systems.

In regards to Mungri's specific situation, cancer isn't cool. It's no joke, even in what appears to be a isolated case. The ugly truth is that if you've got cancer in one spot, in the long run you're likely to get it in others if you don't change your lifestyle (consumption habits often especially). Cancer is more often than not, environmental in origin, be it something you're eating or something you're exposing yourself to in some other fashion. It is not the natural state of a healthy body.

Edited by Valsuelm

Depends where in Canada as well, here my dad's cancer treatment proceeded at a good rate - surgery in 3 weeks if I recall after that period of tests and so on. Wasn't an obvious cancer, though.

Maybe my GP was just close with the surgeon, though, that can affect things

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra