Obsidian forum flooded by paid trolls.

obyknven

Its hard to deny the appeal of the small, perfectly circular pair of glasses.  They just look erudite.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Its hard to deny the appeal of the small, perfectly circular pair of glasses.  They just look erudite.

For an engineer though, they have to be rectangular.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Who pays for trolling? Tell him I want in!

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

It's too bad France never got over the English invasion to rediscover the spirit of Toulouse. If they inherit their political culture and institutions from Edward III of England things are gonna be... difficult. 

Same bull****.

What is wrong with the culture and institutions of Edward III? And in what way did they significantly differ form French culture and institutions at the same time? :lol:

I wanted to join the Israeli propaganda stuff on facebook (and I am totally serious ) but they didn't pay as much as the second link says they did so it wasn't worth my time...

I wonder how much does the Kremlin guys pay for this service.

Edited by barakav

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

It would be awesome to be a paid shill for the US, where I could spread the message of peace through superior drone firepower. :yes:

You talk about superior drone firepower now, so I'm sure it'd be nice to get paid doing something you love.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The autistic diggers at /pol/ are pointing the paid shills to (based on various mails in the latest Sony-leak on wikileaks) http://www.omnicomgroup.com/Home

Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) is a leading global advertising and marketing communications services company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.

As a strategic holding company, Omnicom manages a portfolio of global market leaders comprised of three global advertising agency networks, BBDO, DDB and TBWA; numerous leading national advertising agencies; a global network of more than 175 marketing services companies; and a media group, Omnicom Media Group, that includes two of the world's premier providers of media planning and buying services.Our companies offer services in over 30 marketing communications disciplines across more than 200 strategic brand platforms.

Quite the big dog. Heavily invested in Big Data.  

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No offense to the community here..but if anyone really believes that a gaming forum from a small developer is worth the attention of any paid propaganda (which does exist on both sides don´t get me wrong) you have to be so full of yourself.

Chances are you will find that **** more on imgur, facebook, twitter etc you know...social platforms that matter because you can influence more people.

However i´m not surprised to find people in a forum, mostly dedicated to deep RPG, having a strong opinion. Thats not really a bad thing.

• Like 2

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

No offense to the community here..but if anyone really believes that a gaming forum from a small developer is worth the attention of any paid propaganda (which does exist on both sides don´t get me wrong) you have to be so full of yourself.

Chances are you will find that **** more on imgur, facebook, twitter etc you know...social platforms that matter because you can influence more people.

However i´m not surprised to find people in a forum, mostly dedicated to deep RPG, having a strong opinion. Thats not really a bad thing.

Yeah some of us really enjoy discussing  global events. Oh and that reminds me you and I are going to be on the opposite sides of most political debates so please don't take it personally when I disagree with you. Its not personal, its just we have very different views on certain events like Ukraine :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah some of us really enjoy discussing  global events. Oh and that reminds me you and I are going to be on the opposite sides of most political debates so please don't take it personally when I disagree with you. Its not personal, its just we have very different views on certain events like Ukraine :)

I can live with that, as long as you get your facts straight ;)

True though i take the Ukraine situation on a more personal lvl because i do know people there and have a sort of first person view on what is going on and the rage that this has brought up is new to me, thats the kind of thing where you go "yeah lost any hope in humianty".

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

True though i take the Ukraine situation on a more personal lvl because i do know people there and have a sort of first person view on what is going on and the rage that this has brought up is new to me, thats the kind of thing where you go "yeah lost any hope in humianty".

I am going to respond to your Ukraine point you made, I went back and read your long assessment of the Ukrainian situation

I don't agree with much of it but you raise some interesting points. Yes I rely on facts, I can support anything I say through links. Please don't post videos...just links if you want me to read it. And its not that I am being dismissive, I just don't have the time to watch hours of videos and some people like Vals keep posting these hours long videos and expecting people to watch them

But I look forward to future debates with you :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No offense to the community here..but if anyone really believes...

I'm not sure anyone in this thread believes their punctuation, much less their sentences, at least as far as the topic is concerned...? ;)

• Like 1

I am going to respond to your Ukraine point you made, I went back and read your long assessment of the Ukrainian situation

I don't agree with much of it but you raise some interesting points. Yes I rely on facts, I can support anything I say through links. Please don't post videos...just links if you want me to read it. And its not that I am being dismissive, I just don't have the time to watch hours of videos and some people like Vals keep posting these hours long videos and expecting people to watch them

But I look forward to future debates with you :)

Thats fine, i just want to point out thing, except ONE video, all are very short and represent the very view on the subject, coming directly from the mouths of the people in charge, so its important to watch them. Because thats the whole point that underminds the history of this conflict.

Not sure i will respond to it, it was meant as one time post as i made clear..but we will see, as long as i don´t involve my personal anger i might :p Getting angry on the internet is pointless ^.^

I'm not sure anyone in this thread believes their punctuation, much less their sentences, at least as far as the topic is concerned...? ;)

I try to believe that even a pointless/silly thread can bring up an interesting discussion. But as i said i believe that OP´s point is nonsense ;)

• Like 1

I try to believe that even a pointless/silly thread can bring up an interesting discussion. But as i said i believe that OP´s point is nonsense ;)

I agree, we often use Obys posts as a springboard to have other discussions which I consider much more meaningful 

John Milton 

But his point is valid nonetheless wouldn't you say my captious friend  ;)

John Milton 

I was mostly trying for humor, rather than strict accuracy. :)

• Like 1

I was mostly trying for humor, rather than strict accuracy. :)

I know, I have come to enjoy it when you do it :)

John Milton 

The autistic diggers at /pol/ are pointing the paid shills to (based on various mails in the latest Sony-leak on wikileaks) http://www.omnicomgroup.com/Home

Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) is a leading global advertising and marketing communications services company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.

As a strategic holding company, Omnicom manages a portfolio of global market leaders comprised of three global advertising agency networks, BBDO, DDB and TBWA; numerous leading national advertising agencies; a global network of more than 175 marketing services companies; and a media group, Omnicom Media Group, that includes two of the world's premier providers of media planning and buying services.Our companies offer services in over 30 marketing communications disciplines across more than 200 strategic brand platforms.

Quite the big dog. Heavily invested in Big Data.

The **** about corporations colluding to censor the internet scares the **** out of me. Now this man, this is getting deep.

1429696196468-4.gif

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands