Obsidian forum flooded by paid trolls.

obyknven

In last times our forum has been flooded by "Russians". They all have common features - they works from  newly created accounts, they all pretend be a Russians, but spread anti-Russian propaganda, they work in packs ( and help each other -  they outnumbered opponents in discussions and dominate on forum by this), they avoid discussions with real Russians and just ignore them, etc etc.

Diagnosis is unpromising. The Obsidian forum become a target for propagandists attack by some group of paid trolls (looks like work of Ukrainian cyberhundred, but they can be easily be members of any other similar pro-Western group).

http://cyberhundred.com/

Best solution is ban of all such users and constant censorship of newly added accounts, but Obsidian moderators looks a  too unexperienced (too idealistic) for proper response to such attacks. This forum is doomed, we can be flooded by sh**-treads very soon. 

P.S I feel some sort of pride from this though - my innocent games (for fun) on this forum cause so strong response from System. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

In last times our forum has been flooded by "Russians". They all have common features - they works from  newly created accounts, they all pretend be a Russians, but spread anti-Russian propaganda, they work in packs ( and help each other -  they outnumbered opponents in discussions and dominate on forum by this), they avoid discussions with real Russians and just ignore them, etc etc.

Diagnosis is unpromising. The Obsidian forum become a target for propagandists attack by some group of paid trolls (looks like work of Ukrainian cyberhundred, but they can be easily be members of any other similar pro-Western group).

http://cyberhundred.com/

Best solution is ban of all such users and constant censorship of newly added accounts, but Obsidian moderators looks a  too unexperienced (too idealistic) for proper response to such attacks. This forum is doomed, we can be flooded by sh**-treads very soon. 

P.S I feel some sort of pride from this though - my innocent games (for fun) on this forum cause so strong response from System. :rolleyes:

Can you name exactly who you think are paid trolls claiming to be  Russian yet are spreading anti-Russian propaganda? 

Because all I'm seeing is Russian members who are giving a more reasonable perspective about the motives of Putin and also some Russian members who care about SJ issues...so I don't get how you can say this forum is doomed?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...also some Russian members who care about SJ issues...

Yep, we are doomed

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Because all I'm seeing is Russian members who are giving a more reasonable perspective about the motives of Putin and also some Russian members who care about SJ issues...so I don't get how you can say this forum is doomed?

This. Sorry Bruce, but for you reasonable Russian is some person who blame own country, own people and prefer be subslave of a West. But for real Russians such behavior looks so strange. We are not some minor nation, who  be used to good submissive servants. We are proud Empire citizens, conquerors, we shall rule instead of obey to anyone. Your "reasonable Russians"  looks by same way to me as Ancient Romans who dreamed to be a slave  in Parthia. Just unbelievable characters they are.

Still struggling with the 'foreigner speak', eh? Do try to make the same type of errors consistently. A least on the same page.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All glory to the spiritual successor of the Holy Roman Empire: The Russiaaaaaääääh...........

I'm not good at this ;( Please send more hookers and cocaine, Putin-sempai :grin: :grin: :blush::p:):*:thumbsup:

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oby for WoT moderator!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is the pot calling the kettle black here? :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What russians? I haven't seen anyone else identify as a russian here. Not even in the myriad of newbie spam posts that never even reach your eyes.

I know of two people who say they are Russian, Sakai and Redcat, and participate in OT discussion 

And neither of them appear to be in anyway "anti-Russian ". That's why I asked Oby to actually name the members he is accusing of this behavior 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well. I'm Russian. I'm not so sure that Oby is.

And your Non-Troll credentials are above reproach. So it's an Oby thing not a Russian thing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Meh.

Less ranting about trolls (pro bono or otherwise) and more lezginka vids and pics of "real" Caucasian women. For science!

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So you mean we've been doing this for free? Do we at least get hotpockets?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I just noticed a huge flaw with this thread ...

I'm not getting paid :(

Of course you're not getting paid. I killed the Commissar responsible for sending out payments last week in a fit of rage because he tried to pay me in Euros. As I only accept Rupiah, he had to be dealt with.

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

This. Sorry Bruce, but for you reasonable Russian is some person who blame own country, own people and prefer be subslave of a West. But for real Russians such behavior looks so strange. We are not some minor nation, who  be used to good submissive servants. We are proud Empire citizens, conquerors, we shall rule instead of obey to anyone. Your "reasonable Russians"  looks by same way to me as Ancient Romans who dreamed to be a slave  in Parthia. Just unbelievable characters they are.

Lol lol lol.

I suppose Pax Russica (Russian Peace), your location, only comes after they rule the world.

It's too bad Russia never got over the Mongol invasion to rediscover the spirit of Novgorod. If you inherit your political culture and institutions from Chinggiz Khan things are gonna be... difficult. 

It's too bad France never got over the English invasion to rediscover the spirit of Toulouse. If they inherit their political culture and institutions from Edward III of England things are gonna be... difficult. 

Same bull****.

It's too bad Russia never got over the Mongol invasion to rediscover the spirit of Novgorod. If you inherit your political culture and institutions from Chinggiz Khan things are gonna be... difficult. 

It's too bad France never got over the English invasion to rediscover the spirit of Toulouse. If they inherit their political culture and institutions from Edward III of England things are gonna be... difficult. 

Same bull****.

Yet mysteriously in correct English. How odd. Shouldn't that have been a copy-pasted picture of Obama riding a turtle or something?

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Same bull****.

Yet mysteriously in correct English. How odd. Shouldn't that have been a copy-pasted picture of Obama riding a turtle or something?

:lol:

Maybe the translation software is just working properly...

But I do agree the nature of the accuracy of Oby's English does seem strangely inconsistent...which then adds to the point that Oby can in fact speak English a lot better than he claims. Which then would reveal he is not being honest about his true identity...will this mystery ever be solved I ask you dear forum members ?   :biggrin:

John Milton