Can you complete 'Trials of Durance' by resting at inn?

I play solo on hard, trying to kill everything in the game. That's why I don't want to travel with anyone. I read on wiki that I need to rest with Durance and wait for a dream. Do I need to have him in my team for a specific amount of time or can I just 'rest his quest to the end' immediately I take him to my party?

I couldn't point you to the topic/post where i saw it discussed before, but iirc, i've seen devs mention that both durance and grieving mother personal quests will only progress when you camp in the field, and never when you rest at an inn.

xosmi.gif

I've gotten the Durance dream when save scumming at an inn ( a prisoner kept escaping after I slept and I was trying to stop it), it happened randomly during one my sleeps after reload.

I also had it happen when sleeping in the bed at the stronghold.

Of course I think you might also have to exhaust all of his dialogue which requires a few rests since otherwise he'll just keep cutting you off.

I've gotten the Durance dream when save scumming at an inn ( a prisoner kept escaping after I slept and I was trying to stop it), it happened randomly during one my sleeps after reload.

I also had it happen when sleeping in the bed at the stronghold.

Of course I think you might also have to exhaust all of his dialogue which requires a few rests since otherwise he'll just keep cutting you off.

This, Im pretty sure its not just resting but getting through all his talk

I would just bother him until he wouldnt take anymore then rest...pretty sure a combo of these two will fast track his backstory