plans to expand the world?

i LOVE eora, but aside from dyrwood, we haven;t had the chance to go into the details of other regions, and aside from sequel games, what can be done to expand the lore of eora?

tabletop games? comics or novel/novellas?

• Like 2

I'd be all over graphic novelization (i.e., high quality comic book) of Eoran lore.

Would absolutely love to see a series about Waidwen's epic journey from peasanthood to godhammer juice.

I would explode from joy if they made TV series (I liked DA Redemption with Felicia Day in spite of its low bugdet), not talking about full movie. But I guess comic book is cheaper than making whole series/movie unless Unity allows making computer-animated movies. 

Edited by White Phoenix

i LOVE eora, but aside from dyrwood, we haven;t had the chance to go into the details of other regions, and aside from sequel games, what can be done to expand the lore of eora?

tabletop games? comics or novel/novellas?

I hope so, YES TO ALL :'D

Waiting on MCA's novellas. Actually he's on the clock for both Wasteland and Eternity.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I hope with the tabletop game they focus on world building more than anything. That's what's really important. I have got half a million rulesets I can use but I don't even know the most famous Old Vallians. Or the biggest port town in the Living Lands.

Edited by Dadalama

It's good to criticize things you love.

I'd like to see future tittles expand into other geographical areas of Eora (a la Elder Scrolls series). I'd love to check our Readceras, Deadfire Archipelago, etc. Eora seems huge and I would love to adventure through new areas (Kana's homeland sounds amazing).

The region I personally want to see more of is the Deadfire Archipelago, though that is most likely due to my pirate/privateer/swashbuckler tastes.  I don't know if the 16th/17th Century, Monkey Island Caribbean theme has any relation to what the Deadfire Archipelago is supposed to be like but I would like to at least find out for sure so I can decide whether I want more of it or not.  I would also be interested in a tabletop RPG, as long as it's not based on D20 or other open source system but instead has it's own system tailored to the setting.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

The region I personally want to see more of is the Deadfire Archipelago, though that is most likely due to my pirate/privateer/swashbuckler tastes. I don't know if the 16th/17th Century, Monkey Island Caribbean theme has any relation to what the Deadfire Archipelago is supposed to be like but I would like to at least find out for sure so I can decide whether I want more of it or not. I would also be interested in a tabletop RPG, as long as it's not based on D20 or other open source system but instead has it's own system tailored to the setting.

I'm in for the Josh Sawyer's Pirates! spinoff.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

If I had my druthers, they'd find some arid region accessible to both the Vailian Republics and Dyrwood and use it to stage a fantasy Western during a sort of hybrid Manifest Destiny/gold rush scenario. Would be a nice opportunity to see what kind of classes they could come up with if they weren't going for Forgotten Realms nostalgia. Revolver-toting spellslingers, mystic gamblers armed with enchanted tarot decks and luck based abilities, scalp-collecting Glanfathan reavers or shamans with animal spirit guides... if nothing else, something less boring than fighters and paladins.

It would also be an ideal setting to replace the stronghold concept with something that works more like Oregon trail -- managing a caravan, fixing wagon wheels, buying supplies (to cut back a bit on rest spamming). Probably not dying of dysentery, but maybe you could still pick up long-lasting afflictions. You could also probably cut down on the weird Adventure concept from strongholds by just giving non-party companions a lot of non-scripted, mechanical ways to use their time -- guarding the camp, practicing skills, training other characters, crafting items, healing the injured, hunting, using their skills to earn money in town.

If I had my druthers, they'd find some arid region accessible to both the Vailian Republics and Dyrwood and use it to stage a fantasy Western during a sort of hybrid Manifest Destiny/gold rush scenario. Would be a nice opportunity to see what kind of classes they could come up with if they weren't going for Forgotten Realms nostalgia. Revolver-toting spellslingers, mystic gamblers armed with enchanted tarot decks and luck based abilities, scalp-collecting Glanfathan reavers or shamans with animal spirit guides

So Deadlands: Eora Edition? Technology would have to advance a bit to go from early pistols to six shooters.

Personally, I want to explore the Aedyr Empire in greater depth. My hopes aren't high, though, having a history of shattered dreams from Bioware's avoidance of Tevinter in every DA expansion. "Here's a ruin, here's a statue." Bioware is just a tease. These large, cosmopolitan empires are the most interesting thing for me. What a treat it was to actually visit the Imperial City/province in TES: Oblivion!

Edit: Suppose I should add that I was grateful for the opportunity to visit Orlais, and some very intriguing locations within Orlais, during DA:I. That said Tevinter beats Orlais by a cool factor of at least 4.

Edited by mazeltov

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff