Convert Graze > Hit > Crit?

It's my understanding that with those all that changes is how much of each they will have.

I don't know the whole shift and this an example.

Normal would be 1-15 miss 16-50 graze 51 to 75 hit and 76-100 crits.

Let say with the pattern u have 10%graze to hit and 10%hit to crit

Then it would look like

1-15 miss 16-40 graze 41-65 hit 66-100 crit

It doesn't change 1 outta 10 times, they change the actual chart permanently for the pc. Meaning instead of 1 outta 10 times rolling a 16-50 turns into a hit, it passively changes the chart before u even roll permanently to 16-40 instead.

I think, I could be wrong

Edited by redneckdevil
  • Like 1

Not sure about that one. I know that on my Rogue, who has 20% hit->crit, it doesn't work that way. The combat log shows something like: Accuracy 50, Deflection 60: -10. Hit Roll 70, -10: 60 *blabla Rogue Talent* -> Crit. So it does not change the actual values required to land a crit, but just converts a partion of the hits to crits, no matter their value.

At least that's what I remember from my playthrough. Will check again if I remember it D:

It doesn't change the ranges of the attack resolution, they are influenced only by the difference between accuracy and defenses. The convert talents/enchantments converts X% of grazes/hits made into hits/crits. Example: your accuracy and the target's deflection are equal, you roll 25 resulting in a graze, then a new roll is made for the conversion. Some people during the backer beta said that if a graze is converted to hit, it can subsequently be converted to crit by an apropriate talent/enchantment, but I personally have no experience with that. Defensive crit to hit/hit to graze talents/enchantments work the same way.

Edit: The dream is dead.

After 10 minutes of testing with a 1000 Dex rogue Orlan, that would put the Flash to shame, dual-wielding two Resolutions with Dirty Fighting and Vicious Fighting, I recorded zero cases of a Graze->Hit->Crit conversion of a single attack happening.

Edited by Lychnidos
  • Like 1

My understanding is that if you Graze, and you have Graze-to-Hit conversion, it then rolls to see if it's converted to a Hit or not.

And the same for Hit-to-Crit.

So the answer to the question would be "no", because if your original attack was a Graze, it will not roll to see if it becomes a Crit at all, because the resulting Hit was not the result of an attack roll.

t50aJUd.jpg