I'm nearing the end of the game and while I've found a whole lot of enchanted armor so far, there doesn't appear to be anything Wizard-specific. Is there something of the sort in any of the shops? I guess I can grab an ordinary set of Robes or Clothing and slap the Superb enchantment on it, but it won't look unique.

The unique robes I've found look awful compared to fine robes, lol.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Robe

Don't care for how any of the special ones look compared to fine robes, including Gwisk Glas, Starlit Garb, and Rundl's Finery.  The last one on the list (Gwisk Glas) is like the final bounty quest you can do.  Can't remember where I got the starlit garb but I suggest checking the vendors in Twin Elms.  

Edited by Climhazzard

Blood-Blessed Skaen Cultist robes come with Exceptional enchantment, and 2 enchantment slots for you to slap +Might/+Intellect and Proofing.

They look pretty awesome with a Skaen Cultist hood or the Death Godlike heads. If you go for the blood-splattered unholy necromancer vibe, that is.

Otherwise, the Gwisk has the best stats.

I really like the starlit garb for any ranged character, you can find it (hidden) in twin elms.

Yep, best looking robe in the game. And some very nice enchantments.

I was surprised there aren't more fancy robes like that one available earlier in the game. And this one is easy to miss if you didn't pick up the quest pointing to it, or aren't an obsessive explorer in sneak mode everywhere.

Thanks all. I can't find the Starlit Garb, but I did the bounties (yes, it's the Vithrack one and it's easily distinguished by the fact that it's the fight where you get hit with literally every status effect in the game) and got the Gwisk Gilas. Looks... OK, I guess, but the stats are very nice.

This isn't a "unique mage robe", but the Dyrwoodan Garb that you run into early in the game looks excellent on any female character.  It looks like a knee length coat, rather than an actual robe.  But for some reason, if you put it on a male character, it looks more like a tunic than a coat.

Anyways, what you can do then is enchant this Dyrwoodan "coat" to create a good-looking custom outfit for a female character.

• Like 1

Damn this brutal game! :(

I just got both the Starlit Garb and Gwisk Gilas. Problem is the starlit garb has better stats (i put +2 int on it) and looks ok. But the Gwisk Gilas has worse stats for me (+2 might instead of int) and looks way more bad ass!

What's a poor mage to do?!

Damn this brutal game! :(

I just got both the Starlit Garb and Gwisk Gilas. Problem is the starlit garb has better stats (i put +2 int on it) and looks ok. But the Gwisk Gilas has worse stats for me (+2 might instead of int) and looks way more bad ass!

What's a poor mage to do?!

Use the Gwisk. +6 DR/+2 Might/Second Chance is still better than +4 DR/+2 Int/+10 Spell Defense, even for a CC-oriented wizard (which I strongly advise to change into a more blasty wizard anyway).

Frankly though, I hate how all the robes look. My casters wear armor, and damn the recovery.

Edited by Lord Vicious

• 2 weeks later...

There's another good robe that hasn't been mentioned above, called Rundl's Finery.  It's a robe that gives +2 INT and +2 Lore, but without any Fine/Exceptional/Superb enchantment, though of course you can add that yourself.  Not a great robe, but not bad either.  And IMO it looks pretty good too.

I do agree though that there seems to be a lack of decent Robes, whether they're mage robes or "robes" meant for monks.

Yeah, four robes of note (Blood-Blessed, Rundl's Finery, Starlit Garb and Gwisk Glas). Gwisk Glas is the best, Rundl's with an exceptional enchantment would see you through the game just fine, though. I don't think they're underserved relative to other armours (especially light armour).

Yeah, four robes of note (Blood-Blessed, Rundl's Finery, Starlit Garb and Gwisk Glas). Gwisk Glas is the best, Rundl's with an exceptional enchantment would see you through the game just fine, though. I don't think they're underserved relative to other armours (especially light armour).

Personally, I think that all items are "underserved" by a considerable margin.  I'd love to see 2 or 3 times as many unique items. There don't have to be a huge number of top level items.  But it would be nice to see a nice array of low and mid level items.  Right now, there's a rather low number of unique items, IMO, particularly in some categories.  Robes, quarterstaffs, etc.  In fact, there's a real lack of two different groups of robes and Qstaffs, with the 2 groups being mage robes and staffs, and non-mage robes (probably mostly for monks, I suppose) and melee Qstaffs (i.e. those not really meant for mages so much as combatants who wish to simply use staffs).

Speaking of staffs, why the heck are they slow weapons?  Or reach weapons?  They should be neither.  Qstaffs aren't meant to be super long like pikes, not meant for engaging enemies at great range.  They're normal ranged melee weapons of average speed.

Personally, I think that all items are "underserved" by a considerable margin.  I'd love to see 2 or 3 times as many unique items. There don't have to be a huge number of top level items.  But it would be nice to see a nice array of low and mid level items.  Right now, there's a rather low number of unique items, IMO, particularly in some categories.  Robes, quarterstaffs, etc.  In fact, there's a real lack of two different groups of robes and Qstaffs, with the 2 groups being mage robes and staffs, and non-mage robes (probably mostly for monks, I suppose) and melee Qstaffs (i.e. those not really meant for mages so much as combatants who wish to simply use staffs).

Speaking of staffs, why the heck are they slow weapons?  Or reach weapons?  They should be neither.  Qstaffs aren't meant to be super long like pikes, not meant for engaging enemies at great range.  They're normal ranged melee weapons of average speed.

Well greatswords are pretty fast too to be honest.

And hatchets aren't particularly good for parrying.

And the morningstar's spikes are specifically for transferring trauma through armor.

I mean I could keep going on but you get the picture...

It's good to criticize things you love.

Well greatswords are pretty fast too to be honest.

And hatchets aren't particularly good for parrying.

And the morningstar's spikes are specifically for transferring trauma through armor.

I mean I could keep going on but you get the picture...

I don't think of great swords as being particularly fast.  Frankly, I always thought of them as fairly slow.

Not sure why they'd think that hatchets were good for parrying.  I'd think that daggers would be better suited for parrying, though IIRC wasn't there a specific type of dagger designed for parrying as an off hand weapon?

As for morning stars, I'd think that they should be one of those "crush or piercing" damage types (and one handed, to boot).

I get the picture that some of the weapons' design details seem very iffy.