[ANNOYING] Screen not centered on party after zone transition

b0rsuk

Question

Version: 1.03, but I don't see it in patch notes. I don't feel like downloading several GB from GOG at the moment just to test this.

I frequently miss banter between companions because when I enter a new town zone, the screen is centered around something else. I must QUICKLY click on one of character portraits to hear as much as possible.

This is on Debian Linux (Jessie).

4 answers to this question

Oh, dont worry, its on my Linux the same, also with 1.0.4. Its always the left bottom edge for me.

Oh, and you dont need to download multiple gb. Here on the gog forum is a working patch with instructions: https://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity/linux_unofficial_patches/page1

All said stuff goes also to the conversation log.

I doubt its platform specific, I've been experiencing the same problem on PC. It seems to happen on most, if not all, area transitions.

Most reports of this issue have been on GNU/Linux systems, so it would be nice to know your system and hardware specifications if you get it on Windows.

From what has been collected so far, it looks like a Unity 4 bug (triggered on PoE and Wasteland 2). I’m waiting for the Unity 5 port of Wasteland 2 to get a confirmation of this suspicion.

A simple workaround is to disable "edge-scrolling" of the game screen (somewhere in the game options), which makes it probably linked to Unity 4 mouse management.

I try to collect as much system and hardware specifications linked to this bug in the following thread, please add yours there as it might help find what is triggering it:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75538-bug-reportlinux-screen-not-centering-on-party-after-area-change/

I doubt its platform specific, I've been experiencing the same problem on PC. It seems to happen on most, if not all, area transitions.

Most reports of this issue have been on GNU/Linux systems, so it would be nice to know your system and hardware specifications if you get it on Windows.

From what has been collected so far, it looks like a Unity 4 bug (triggered on PoE and Wasteland 2). I’m waiting for the Unity 5 port of Wasteland 2 to get a confirmation of this suspicion.

A simple workaround is to disable "edge-scrolling" of the game screen (somewhere in the game options), which makes it probably linked to Unity 4 mouse management.

I try to collect as much system and hardware specifications linked to this bug in the following thread, please add yours there as it might help find what is triggering it:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75538-bug-reportlinux-screen-not-centering-on-party-after-area-change/

I've attached my DxDiag. I hope you find it informative.waretaringo_DxDiag.txt

Edited by waretaringo