Od Nua dungeon...someone can answer to me? Plz...if you dont want to know about Od Nua DON'T READ THIS!

GuerrieroRosso

Question

Hello all,

yes, i know is not a regular behaviour, but i decided to go down in Od Nua and finish it before doing anything else...infact i m at the beginning of the story. After the liberation of the village, the one with the people hanged to the great tree (i ve killed the tyrant of Valdoro) i dedicated myself to the rebuild of Od Nua castle...and the exploration of Od nua Dungeon...so i reached level 13, the level with the sealed door.I dont know, and i dont care. if i m near the end of this dungeon or not, but i would like to know only 3 things:

1) At level 3 (the ogre level) i missed the sabre that is needed (i suppose) to obntain access to the upper closed section in the north are map (and i suppose that i must interact with the count statue in order to open that section). so, is this sabre, or sword, in the dungeon? or i must search it in another part of the adeventure...if it is in the Od Nua Dungeon i missed it, and never found it, but i searched for it for a very long time, so i m disappointed :banghead: .

2) At level 9, there is a room closed by a wall section in the southernmost part of the map, and in this room there is a strange big container...I didn't find a way to open that wall section in anyway, and this is really frustrating. Note that i ve a thief specialized in doing those tasks (find secret doors, mechanisms, and the like), but since now i didn't find a way to enter that room. :banghead:

3) The door at level 13, the sealed door...am i too low in level to end this task? ;(  ( i m "only" level 6 )

I hope someone will help me, someone that possibly encountered the same problems and solved them

Thanks in advance!

16 answers to this question

1) It's one level lower, i.e. in level 4. The main Ooze has a sabre named "Resolution".

3) You can only open that door if you chose the correct conversion option with Maerwald after you defeated him. If you didn't, come back in another game.

Also, how is that a technical question?

Edited by Varana
  • Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

1) It's one level lower, i.e. in level 4. The main Ooze has a sabre named "Resolution".

3) You can only open that door if you chose the correct conversion option with Maerwald after you defeated him. If you didn't, come back in another game.

Excuse se, i ve found the sabre...i had it just in my inventory but the italian name is not Resolution...it is Ardimento, (Ardimento is not the correct italian translation for Resolution, for Resolution the correct would be Determinazione)...instead for the other problem: i think there is a button in the panel in front of the wall section that opens it, but really i didn't detect it with my thief even in stalk mode... -.- ... And what do you mean with "You can only open that door if you chose the correct conversion option with Maerwald after you defeated him. If you didn't, come back in another game." ?

If you can't detect the secret on level 9, you probably need more points in mechanics. Or stand more close to the button.

There is 2 special doors on level 13.

One is in the middle of the level, in plain sight. It's a puzzle door. You will learn something in chapter 2 that will allow you to solve the puzzle.

The other door is a secret door and, as Varana and stage pointed out, you can open that one only if you absorbed the old watcher's soul.

• Like 1

I've come to burn your kingdom down

no, thanks...i didn't refer to that problem in level 13...i refer to the problem in level 9....i think i ve both problems too...in level 13, since i didn't absorb the watcher soul but i released it, i figure i will be not able to open that panel...isn't it? While in level 9 there is a secret wall passage that i was supposed to open with a button in front of it : the button is on the panel in front of the secret wall passage and it should be visible in stalk mode...but i cannot detect it  and it is frustrating...

If you can't detect the secret on level 9, you probably need more points in mechanics. Or stand more close to the button.

One is in the middle of the level, in plain sight. It's a puzzle door. You will learn something in chapter 2 that will allow you to solve the puzzle.

The other door is a secret door and, as Varana and stage pointed out, you can open that one only if you absorbed the old watcher's soul.

Many thanks..i think i ve not sufficent points in mechanics...how can i adjust the problem? Mechanics i suppose is the english for the italian Manualità...i ve 7 in mechanic...pheraps is not enough... -.- ... i must wait for the next level :yes:

About the central door in level 13: i tried to talk with the 2 souls that should give me the "password", but they dont listen me...is it pheraps because i need to go in chapter 2 while i m in chapter 1 again?

thanks

No. Talking to the second soul is the answer to this puzzle.

hem...the problem is that they dont listen to me, both the first and the second soul....it is written that they dont listen to my words...i cannot talk with them, at least for now -.-

Edited by GuerrieroRosso

So i know that i cant open the wall passage in level 13 od nua, cause i choose to set the Watcher soul free and not to absorb his knoweledge...but im proud of this decision cause i thought any other choiche was an act of evil !

Now i need to open the wall passage in level 9 (and it seem i lack of mechanics point for this task), and i need to open the central door in level 13, and it seems i need the password, but the two souls dont talk to me and i dont understand why! :getlost:

Edited by GuerrieroRosso

yea. at this point you MUSt go and do the main quest to be able to continue Old Nua later

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/