Do we know exactly how retaliation works with paired weapons, yet?

In particular, I'm wondering about weapons' special properties. For instance, if you have one Draining weapon, and one Rending weapon, which property will get applied? One? Both? Neither?

What about damage? Interrupt? Which weapon gets used? When?

Any information would be appreciated.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Retalitaion do not work with Draining. If it would, my bard with 2x retalitaion items would never lost even 20% HP since he would heal himself like crazy. Draining proc with Carnage weapons I think when you attack with this weapon, since each mobs hit then by Carnage is consider hit by your weapon.

However I did not test it, since I always run with Draining weapon on my Barb if he is not Moon-Like. And I hate how Moon-Like look in this game :/

Retalitaion do not work with Draining. If it would, my bard with 2x retalitaion items would never lost even 20% HP since he would heal himself like crazy. Draining proc with Carnage weapons I think when you attack with this weapon, since each mobs hit then by Carnage is consider hit by your weapon.

I've definitely seen the opposite statement on these boards.

Retaliation is seperate from melee attacks entirely (i.e. it doesn't use your weapon stats), thusly it doesn't proc anything from your weapons and it doesn't proc draining. Though it DOES count as a melee attack so something like Carnage WILL proc from it.

Riposte on the other hand does count as a full melee attack and so WILL proc draining.

Retaliation is seperate from melee attacks entirely (i.e. it doesn't use your weapon stats), thusly it doesn't proc anything from your weapons and it doesn't proc draining. Though it DOES count as a melee attack so something like Carnage WILL proc from it.

Riposte on the other hand does count as a full melee attack and so WILL proc draining.

Ah. That explains that, then.

Yeah, there are lots of misconceptions going around regarding retaliate. It has absolutely nothing to do with your weapon and will proc even if you have ranged weapon, only shield, etc equipped. It's very similar to Wizard's 4th lvl spell Flame Shield and works pretty much the same as a thorns effect.

Base damage of retaliate is 10-15 piercing. Generic and generic melee dmg modifiers/talents/abilities apply so MIG dmg bonus, dmg bonus from Blessing, Cipher's dmg bonus from whip, Vulnerable Attack, Savage Attack, One Stands Alone and Carnage apply. Didn't test Rogue, but dmg bonus from sneak attack probably applies. Retaliate procs on melee hits (graze/hit/crit) from enemies and always hits (no accuracy roll). Enemy DR applies, but 0.2x min damage applies just like normal attacks. I managed to proc it from touch-attack type spells like Jolting Touch and some single-target spells like Priest's Barbs of Condemnation though so needs some more testing in that regard. Ciphers get focus from retaliate attacks.

Wizard's Flame Shield, Paladin's Fires of Darcozzi Palace and Fire Godlike's Battle-Forged are pretty similar, but will roll accuracy so can miss/graze/hit/crit. Base damage is 10-15 burn dmg for Flame Shield and 5-10 burn dmg for FoDP and 2 burn dmg/lvl up to a 24 burn dmg at lvl 12 for Battle-Forged. Otherwise same as retaliate.

Edited by temek

What would be your class of choice guys for Retaliation Dual Wielder , Rogue? Barbarian? Cipher? Fighter? and why ? what weapons? 

this kind of melee seems like i could play ( dont rly melee much ever in RPG's unless its a tank)

What would be your class of choice guys for Retaliation Dual Wielder , Rogue? Barbarian? Cipher? Fighter? and why ? what weapons? 

this kind of melee seems like i could play ( dont rly melee much ever in RPG's unless its a tank)

Rouge becasue of 2x free break from fight (ivisibility), bonus damage from attack from being invisibility (great 1v1 feat) and Deep Wounds procing on retalitaion

Or Barbarian simply becasue OSA plus Blooded plus Carnage makes him unbeatable AOE damage dealer and he is just stomping everything.

My last but not least choice is Cipher, becasue retalitaion proc from Soul and Bitting Whip (so 40% bonus damage regardless of health level) and Generate Focus so it gives you A LOT MORE focus generation.

Straight Dual Wielder is not so strong with retalitaion since you want to get hit. And there are two easly obtainable retalitation items: Sanguine Armor and Sura shield. Both STACK, so you get 2x retalitaion from it.

Imo dual wielding only on Rouge or barbarian. Rouge because of Riposte and Barb becasue of Carnage.

Cipher need a shield for extra Deflection and you want to get Focus super fast so 2x retalition is best. Your main damage is still from Spells.

Cheers.