Which attributes are most relevant for story?

I bought the game and now I am in the character creation screen. I am wondering whether there are attributes which enhance the game experience significantly in terms of story telling. I am asking that as I played Planescape Torment and I remember that it was nearly mandatory to have intellect and especially wisdom as high as possible to get the really good dialogues.

Resolve, Intellect and Perception show up a lot.

That said, Resolve and Intellect often give you a pair of largely identical (but mutually exclusive) choices - so if you just have one of those maxed, you'll be fine.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

You don't really need to worry about this in PoEt. I suppose Perception and Resolve are the most common. Might is probably the most fun. But its not a big deal like it was in Planescape. Build your character attributes for combat, and the dialogues will be fun enough regardless.

• Like 1

It doesn't seem to come up *very* often, and it could be done better, but.. I'd say that there's reason for pretty much anything except Constitution.

Which is sad but.. understandable. I don't know how it'd feature, really.

I wish a lot more options were locked and you could actually lose options with low scores, and wish there were some really, really high-score choices (above 18).

But c'est la vie.

t50aJUd.jpg

It doesn't seem to come up *very* often, and it could be done better, but.. I'd say that there's reason for pretty much anything except Constitution.

I wish a lot more options were locked and you could actually lose options with low scores, and wish there were some really, really high-score choices (above 18).

But c'est la vie.

Constitution should generally represent the ability to endure, remain whole, and stand by your core identity, with respect to mental influence as well as getting stabbed repeatedly in the chest. It's not like there's a shortage of supernormally persuasive people or characters with wacky mind powers in this game to build scenes of that type around.

But then, Dexterity and Constitution are both just buckets of fail in this respect. Like you say, it is what it is.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

But c'est la vie.

Constitution should generally represent the ability to endure, remain whole, and stand by your core identity, with respect to mental influence as well as getting stabbed repeatedly in the chest. It's not like there's a shortage of supernormally persuasive people or characters with wacky mind powers in this game to build scenes of that type around.

But then, Dexterity and Constitution are both just buckets of fail in this respect. Like you say, it is what it is.

I forgot Dexterity. :lol: But yeah, I can at least imagine Dexterity being used a lot. Reaching out to snap people's necks, quickly getting your weapons out, throwing a knife, pickpocketing, pickpocketing, pickpocketing, dodge a sudden attack, etc, etc.

Constitution could be cool if there were enemies that actually tried things in dialogue, such as wacky mind powers, or suddenly throw a cloud of angel-dust in your face.

But the ball is dropped on both, I think.

t50aJUd.jpg

Sacrificial Bloodlines in Twin Elms has 19/20 checks.

But c'est la vie.

So basicially give Constitution the Might treatment? It could work, but in the current system Resolve seems to be responsible for mental defenses. Constitution could be checked in events, but Athletics took its place.

Dexterity was used here and there... Most notably in the prologue. But rarely, I think, as far as I could tell with dialogue indicators turned off. I remember quickly grabbing someone's hand once. It could definitely be explored more, possible checks are fairly obvious.