"Wake up" (companion spoiler)

Quick curiosity question .... you know how Eder occasionally shakes you awake when you camp? I absolutely love those interactions. I wish there were more bits like that -  it brings companions more to life. Wondering ... if you do not have Eder, do any of the other companions do something similar? Not necessarily shaking you awake, but something along those lines?

I have Eder, Aloth, Durance, Kana (the others just sit in the Stronghold, mostly...). There might have been one time Kana said something right after camping, but I can't remember at the moment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm. So far all I've had is the dream that described watching his staff (he doesn't actually talk to you during those), whereby his quest log then tells me to "talk to him about his staff" - I thought it was glitched because he never had anything to say about it no matter how often I slept or how long I waited before trying to talk to him again, but I finally had a 2nd dream and that got it rolling again. But he's never really initiated any random convos. Just the scripted comments while I'm in the middle of dialogues with other NPC's.

I've been meaning to try Mother - I just don't like shuffling party members that much. Maybe I'll snag her my next run instead of Kana.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh, that's right, it's a vision. With the Grieving Mother you actually talk to her, although it isn't very interactive at first and generally a bit weird. But it all comes together eventually. Unlike with Eder though, it's centered on her story, not yours.

I hated Eder the moment he spoke. Red Neck south state accent in my fantasy rpg? nah, pass.

Of course, only ye olde English and British accents are acceptable in fantasy RPGs.

Personally I couldn't care less, I wonder if it's because English is my second language.

• Like 2

I was more scared that he'd turn into the "jacob" character of this game - but Eder was *great*

His drawl didn't bother me at all, because I'm not defective in that way. 

I *think* Aloth talks to you after you wake up one time as well as those above have mentioned. 

I was more scared that he'd turn into the "jacob" character of this game - but Eder was *great*

His drawl didn't bother me at all, because I'm not defective in that way. 

I *think* Aloth talks to you after you wake up one time as well as those above have mentioned. 

Yeah, Aloth has one too.