First time playing with the 1.04 - why did Kana lose his 3rd weapon slot?

Hmm, more info. It appears that some of my saves don't have this change. It's only the most recent, after fighting a battle in Noonfrost. Something seems not good about this.

I also note that the talent/feat that grants the third weapon slot isn't on her list anymore. WTF?

EDIT - I went back and replayed the same area. This has happened twice after a battle with 3 sorcerers a priest, and a couple of paladins. Weird. Guess I'll take a break from the game until there is more definitive information about what is going on.

I don't want to bug my game up this late into the game.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Maybe post it in the Technical Support forum.

I've got no idea why this happens, but if it does, you can restore Kana's 3rd weapon slot by temporarily dismissing and re-recruiting him.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

If it's after a fight against a lot of spell casters.. was Kana confused/dominated/charmed during the fight before he lost his weapon slot? Had the same happen to me. Somewhat similar to the "equip an item via double-click - lose all your passives"-bug. Removing and re-adding him to the party solved the issue. From what it looks like, seems to be some sort of bug where all/some passives become deactivated/buggy, when a character becomes controlled by the enemy/reenters your group after being under charm effects. Maybe it's that

This is a bug with Extra weapon Sets ( Island aumau racial , and Arms Bearer talent ) after some fights ( as a guy above mentioned might be after those where your character gets dominated/charmed/confused ) your characters might loose their extra weapon set passive/passives , solution is simple with the INN as mentioned above

Yes, he was dominated during the fight.

That said, domination of party members is just a reality of life in this game. Now I'm worried that I may have lost passive with other characters. What about my main character?

I recall a similar (the same?) bug that was supposedly resolved in 1.03. So shouldn't this not be happening at this point?

Yes, he was dominated during the fight.

That said, domination of party members is just a reality of life in this game. Now I'm worried that I may have lost passive with other characters. What about my main character?

I recall a similar (the same?) bug that was supposedly resolved in 1.03. So shouldn't this not be happening at this point?

1.03 resolved the double-click causing the loss of passives. Whatever bug this is, it may be having the same effect but it's very definitely not the same bug.

Okay, right. I remember the double click thing now that you mention it.

The thing is, I've had Kana in my party since the beginning. I've been playing the game since launch, and I've never had Kana lose his weapon slot. I find it odd that it's only happened within minutes of first playing patch 1.04. Seems like something has regressed.

Okay, right. I remember the double click thing now that you mention it.

The thing is, I've had Kana in my party since the beginning. I've been playing the game since launch, and I've never had Kana lose his weapon slot. I find it odd that it's only happened within minutes of first playing patch 1.04. Seems like something has regressed.

That happened to me long before 1.04 even existed %)

Pillars of Bugothas

I've had the third slot showing as locked on characters that should have it open but it has always just been a visual effect - you could still place weapons there - haven't had a chance to play with the new patch yet.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...