Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem since the latest patch?

I've not had problems with engagement before, but now I have enemies just running off, my Chanter chasing and hitting them from behind as they run, while they ignore him and go after my Wizard or Priest...

What tanks you got ? What Talents , weapons they use ? I assume both of your tanks has Hold The Line ? Both with +Guarding weapons ? because if not then nothing to be surprised about 

This tends to happen with only one opponent, they ignore engagement with my Chanter who is beating their heads in with Tidefall and they just wander off to attack my back lines. Since my ranged Chanter (I have two) is running the frost traps phrase I back off the target, the enemy is slowed/chilled and they get cut down by my melee Chanter...but they don't turn around to engage.

p.s. I don't use engagement talents/weapons. I micro my melee fighters to keep engagement. This doesn't happen a lot, but it's been very noticable from some of the undead enemies. (Usually the vampires, however their name is spelt.)

Edited by Akimbo

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem since the latest patch?

I've not had problems with engagement before, but now I have enemies just running off, my Chanter chasing and hitting them from behind as they run, while they ignore him and go after my Wizard or Priest...

Happened to me sometimes as well, even before the patch

What tanks you got ? What Talents , weapons they use ? I assume both of your tanks has Hold The Line ? Both with +Guarding weapons ? because if not then nothing to be surprised about 

This tends to happen with only one opponent, they ignore engagement with my Chanter who is beating their heads in with Tidefall and they just wander off to attack my back lines. Since my ranged Chanter (I have two) is running the frost traps phrase I back off the target, the enemy is slowed/chilled and they get cut down by my melee Chanter...but they don't turn around to engage.

p.s. I don't use engagement talents/weapons. I micro my melee fighters to keep engagement. This doesn't happen a lot, but it's been very noticable from some of the undead enemies. (Usually the vampires, however their name is spelt.)

your melee characters will get atacked by the mobs no matter what , it just how the game works i think and it makes sense :

Why would enemy bash a tank when squishy rogue is hiting them in the back , meanwhile going for backline wouldnt make much sense as they would need to get trough tanks and all the cc , just turning and attacking that annoying melee guy is realistic and sensible . 

And thats why no matter how much you micro : Hold The Line + Guarding Weapons are non negotiable for tanks 

Edited by Exoduss

your melee characters will get atacked by the mobs no matter what , it just how the game works i think and it makes sense :

Why would enemy bash a tank when squishy rogue is hiting them in the back , meanwhile going for backline wouldnt make much sense as they would need to get trough tanks and all the cc , just turning and attacking that annoying melee guy is realistic and sensible . 

And thats why no matter how much you micro : Hold The Line + Guarding Weapons are non negotiable for tanks 

They're totally negotiable.

My point is they ignore engagement, even when they are being directly attacked by my melee character. They then walk into my back lines, trying to hit a ranged character, while my melee character follows them, hitting them in the back until they die.

I haven't tested it. But, I think your problem is that you are not properly losing engagement on your ranged characters. There are some skills in the game that specifically say: "cancels Engagement when it effect", the Rogue's Coordinated Positioning ability is one example, there are others. I've read that Monk's Rooting Pain ability also causes the monk to lose engagement and the enemies have to re-engage when they the interrupt has finished.

I think (not sure) any CC's like prone, stun etc and any knockback abilities also make you lose engagement.

They're totally negotiable.

My point is they ignore engagement, even when they are being directly attacked by my melee character. They then walk into my back lines, trying to hit a ranged character, while my melee character follows them, hitting them in the back until they die.

This happens when your tank gets cc"ed , always did for me i think its fine that way

I've definitely noticed that the aggro list has been borked as of late. Enemies that are engaged with my melee party members will just break off randomly and begin to attack the squishies, even if the squishies have basically just sat there doing nothing, and the melee was pounding on them. On numerous occasion, the fight will begin with my tank entering combat... he'll run up to engage with the enemy group... and then several enemies will run past the tank and begin attacking the mage who I placed no where near the fight.